what advice can you give to my good friend

this queation is for a good friend of mine, who is in need of some good advice..

ok, here it goes

my friend has been in a relationship with her bf for over two years. they recently broke up on mutual terms because they both had problems in there life that they needed to get straightened out on there own. there breakup was pleasant (as a breakup could be I guess) and she moved out of their apartment and into a place of her own. Her bf called her a few days after the breakup and told her that he feels very hurt over the breakup and that he cares for her alot. He told her that he is still trying to get things straightened out with his life and it was up to her if she wanted to wait for him. They live 4 hours away from each other and he calls her several times a week and goes to visit her every two weeks. She feels that if he really cared alot for her like he says he does that he would come to see her every weekend. She has asked him to move back in with her and he told her he would think about it. Now she is really confused because she feels like he is not making an effort to get back together. They have been separated for three months. Now she starting to think that he might be liking somebody else because he never talks about getting back together anymore, and she hasn't seen him for three weeks and when he calls her he doesn't say when he is going to see her. She just sits around for him to make all the moves. But she questions why he would continue to see her every two weeks and take such a long trip to see her if he isn't serious about her. any advice?