I am fifteen years old. I was taking a shower the other day and I noticed red blotches on the head of my penis. I have had no sexual contact at all in my life. Could this be acne or herpes possibly? I have no clue what to do. I would be too embarrassed to tell someone I know. Help please.

Don't panic. What I would do is find someone I really trusted, same or opposite sex, and ask them to keep a secret b4 you show, tell, or ask. Preferably someone who has had experience with the disease, or has seen it in a pic or on someone.

If you have had no sexual contact, then it is most likely acne, but I don't know. I have seen STD's on girls, but never boys. Not personally, just in seventeen magazine. Either way, just don't panic and scedual a dr.'s appointment right away.

Hope the advice helps,

Mythica

I know it's embaressing, but medical care often can be. Be glad you're not in your 40's+ getting screened for cancer. Have you ever heard of that test where they have to stick this long tube up your rectum? It's an actual test they do to screen for colon cancer. They have to put this long tube with a fiber optic camera at the end of it up your butt/rectum. They put it waaayyyy up there, and look in the camera for signs of cancer. I'm not old enough to have experienced it myself, but the thought of being bent over in a doctor's office with a long thin tube being shoved up my butt, and the doctor looking at video of my intestines doesn't sound very appealing to me.

Telling a doctor about (and possibly showing them) something being wrong with your penis sounds like a much better deal to me.

Well, they are your parents, and all doctors are required to keep strict confidentiality. The worst thing you could do is nothing. You may feel sick in your stomach thinking about telling them, but if you don't tell them, there's no telling how your penis might feel in a couple of weeks.

Trust me, your parents will understand without you even saying it that you're embaressed about the problem. They'll be very mindful of your feelings I'm sure.

you know where i live the doctors office is totally confidential and you dont even need your rents. just make an appointment to see the doctor. go after school no need to tell anyone, honestly i wouldnt suggest getting adivce from your 15 yr old peers! just make an appointment and get it checked out. im not sure what it could be however it really doesnt sound too serious. i mean cmon, wat if you get in a situation with a girl where you wanna go farther but now have to think omg am i going to pass something on to her?? just get it done now.

I honestly think you should wait to see if it clears up. Since you have never had any sexual contact before the chances are VERY GOOD that it's nothing serious. I'll bet you anything the symptoms go away and they never come back. If they do, then worry about getting it checked out. That's just my opinion.

it could be an allergic reaction or irritation caused by sweating. if you are a virgin and havent had sexual relations below the waist then there is no chance of contracting herpes below the waist. herpes like many viruses die when it hits the air. whatever you hear about contracting herpes from toilet seats, sharing towels etc are rumors there are no proven facts shown in tests that the virus travels other than direct contact with an infected area or an area where it is shedding the virus. dont stress man, keep the area clean and stick to one type of soap and one type of laundry detergent, sometimes the chemicals on the washed fabrics could lead to some discomfort.

be well,

-DG724

if you are a virgin and havent had sexual relations below the waist then there is no chance of contracting herpes below the waist. herpes like many viruses die when it hits the air.

This is not a safe rule to live by. Herpes can indeed be transmitted by genital to hand to genital contact. It does not require the engagement in sexual intercourse to transmit.

if you are a virgin and havent had sexual relations below the waist then there is no chance of contracting herpes below the waist. herpes like many viruses die when it hits the air.

This is not a safe rule to live by. Herpes can indeed be transmitted by genital to hand to genital contact. It does not require the engagement in sexual intercourse to transmit.

richgabe,

there are no proven facts that show herpes spreading once it is exposed to air. but there is a virus called Herpes Whitlow (herpes of the finger) that you can contract from manually stimulating a partner's genitals who is having an outbreak or shedding the virus. sharing towels, toilet seats and clothing will not transmit the virus.

-DG724

You are right concerning towels, toilet seats etc. Genital to hand to genital spread is common. As you say the virus is a shedder and whilst it has shorterm exposed life, it does have life. Unfortunately it is one STD that is very difficult to protect against.

You are right concerning towels, toilet seats etc. Genital to hand to genital spread is common. As you say the virus is a shedder and whilst it has shorterm exposed life, it does have life. Unfortunately it is one STD that is very difficult to protect against.

yea it is. actually the word herpes comes from the latin word 'to creep'

crazy huh.

-DG724