Ended A Relationship - The Right Thing?

50 minutes ago, AndyPandy said:

.Another gathering has been arranged for next weekend and several people have insisted that I join them - which is really nice. There's a possibility that the ex GF will be there but I'm not going to miss out on having fun with my friends and the opportunity to make further friends because of her rotten behaviour...

It's good you avoided her and your friends were supportive of that.  There's no reason to shy away from friends because she shows up. Enjoy yourself. 

• Like 2

If it was me I'd be tempted to laugh at her for thinking she was the one who had the right to be upset and resentful. Really!?

Ignore her the best you can and don't worry about what she might say. Clearly people know what kind of person she is. Have fun with friends and enjoy yourself. Your in a much better spot without her.

• Like 1
On 5/12/2024 at 11:27 AM, Wiseman2 said:

It's good you avoided her and your friends were supportive of that.  There's no reason to shy away from friends because she shows up.

In the past I very likely would have adopted a low profile under such circumstances but those days are over. I refuse to be an exile, a recluse or a hermit when I'm the one whose done nothing wrong.

On 5/12/2024 at 11:27 AM, Wiseman2 said:

Enjoy yourself. 

Thanks. 🙂

On 5/15/2024 at 5:33 AM, ShySoul said:

If it was me I'd be tempted to laugh at her for thinking she was the one who had the right to be upset and resentful. Really!?

Self-awareness and self-reflection are not her forte. Remember, this is someone who was angry at me for taking offence at the disrespectful behaviour of her family and who accused me of causing her stress because I objected to their actions.

Ignore her the best you can and don't worry about what she might say.

I certainly intend to. It took me by surprise that she even said hello and goodbye, albeit with passive aggressiveness.

Your in a much better spot without her.

Definitely!

In the weeks that have passed since my original post, I'm in a much happier and healthier place. There's no bitterness or anger, merely reflections on what a dreadful situation that was and the absolute relief that she and her horrible family are no longer part of my life.

You've all been a great help and I'll be sticking around to extend that positive karma to others. 🙂

• Like 2