Toxic relationship?

On 4/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, Calmin4 said:

Hello,

I have been in a relationship with a man for a little over two years now. We were recently at a family gathering (his family) and he didn't like how some of his family members were acting disconnected with the group so he started yelling at them and calling them degrading names in front of young children, then stomped out of the house telling me we were leaving and started packing up the vehicle. His entire family asked me to please stay, that he needed to cool down and it was very awkward because I had a long drive home and he was leaving with my vehicle. I ended up apologizing to the group and leaving with him because I felt I didn't have any options. I was quiet the entire way back to his house and then headed home from there. These outbursts have become more frequent as time has gone by, they remind me of toddler tantrums. I'm exhausted from being nervous but have started to question if it's all in my head and ask myself if this is how other people act and just hide it really well. Is this toxic or is this typical behavior?

Thank you.

He needs anger management bad. He has to first see his actions as a need for change in order for him to want to change it. If he has a hard time controlling himself now, it only gets worse.