This guy manager is giving me mixed signals..

2 hours ago, Salome1980 said:

.She said they are allowed to have access to that information. Even managers that are not your higher up. 

Unfortunately if this is the policy, he has the right to access your personnel file. All you can do is be polite and professional. Is there someone else who is your direct supervisor? Or is he part of a managerial team that includes making your schedule?

If he's a higher up, and he's allowed access to employees' personnel files, even if you disagree, it may be best not to make waves and study the policies, workplace culture and dynamics more.

That may help the workplace to be a bit more comfortable for you. For example you were simultaneously annoyed and assumed he was interested, based on misinformation about who has access to data in your personnel file and how it's used.

2 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Unfortunately if this is the policy, he has the right to access your personnel file. All you can do is be polite and professional. Is there someone else who is your direct supervisor? Or is he part of a managerial team that includes making your schedule?

If he's a higher up, and he's allowed access to employees' personnel files, even if you disagree, it may be best not to make waves and study the policies, workplace culture and dynamics more.

That may help the workplace to be a bit more comfortable for you. For example you were simultaneously annoyed and assumed he was interested, based on misinformation about who has access to data in your personnel file and how it's used.

Yes, there is someone else that is my supervisor and it's a woman. He's does not make the schedules he just calls people if there is shortage at the store. He has about 10 to 13 people that he supervises not me. I know he's doing me a favor and I always thank him for that. I just don't go and hand out my phone number just to anyone. I have trust issues with people.  I know that's my problem. Especially men.i just don't trust anyone anymore. It's hard for me to trust anyone. Even when it comes to work. That's why I got all hyped up about it. Im not trying to make into a big deal or anything. Literally not. That's why I don't appreciate it being done behind my back and me not knowing about it and telling me about it afterwards. I don't like that.

12 minutes ago, Salome1980 said:

. He's does not make the schedules he just calls people if there is shortage at the store. 

Many employers and workplaces require a home/personal phone number for exactly the reason you stated, such as needing  employees to cover.  He's authorized to do this as part of his job to make sure the store has enough employees to manage the workload. Perhaps stop taking it personally if his job is to contact people if there's shortages.

This is rather routine, so perhaps work on your "trust issues with men" with a qualified therapist. It may be better than getting upset by what seems to be the way the managers and supervisors run the place.

• Like 1

I would say, at this point, that you need to make a lot of adjustments within yourself to be able to function professionally at this job. That is YOUR responsibility.  Most of your complaints are personal and the guy hasn't done anything egregious.  You seem to me to be overreacting with alarming emotions to things that would be negligible or an annoyance to most people.  Either this is something that you have problems with in general, or it's due to your infatuation with the guy.  

Evidently you work in retail and there are a lot of employees.  If he's generally out of control and impossible to work with,  you won't be the only one affected.  Do you think he's a bad employee?  Getting a lot of complaints to HR?

If he's fulfilling his job responsibilities efficiently and his managers think he's doing a good job,  your problems dealing with him are going to remain your problems to resolve.  

• Thanks 1