Possibly right person, wrong time

9 hours ago, Capttrae said:

Near as in 20 years near? Then yes, near as in before that, what else would I do? Can’t imagine doing anything other than running oilfield boats

Captain, there is a woman out there for you!  You just need an independent person who has the right kind of busy: not-missing-you-too-bad-'cause-you'll-be-back-in-4-weeks-busy.  Someone who is engrossed in their life, maybe their business or travel schedule, renovation projects, being a landlord, teaching, motivational speaking, overseas import export, etc.   Someone who doesn't need you constantly around and who finds your FaceTime dates and lovey-dovey emails charming and sustainable no matter what time zones you can sneak them in.  You need a non-clingy person.

AND when you come home in between those 4-week trips she might have arranged her schedule to go hunting with you.  And make deer sausage with you 🙂

I think it's wise, like WM2 always says, date local.  I thought it was SO romantic that you were ready to get home and jet over to see her, you were so excited.  She however obvs did not feel as appreciative and decided not to wait for you. 

The right woman will not only wait, she will wait with open arms and when you show up?  Jerky you inside for a big smooch and show you her latest project!  The bonus is you won't have to do all that driving if you find someone local, and all that saved time can be put into hunting, fishing, and smooching.

Good luck Captain!

• Like 1