Tough situation...well for me anyways!

okay here it is..

I like this guy in my dormitory( we've known each other since the beginning of the semester). The problem is: IM SCARED out of my wits to tell him. Why? This will be the first time i ever asked someone out. Im totally inexperienced, never in my life had a boyfriend. what did i do? at first i thought it was just an infatuation or silly "high school" crush, but obviously not since i can't get the guy out of my head! thanks for your comments

Do you notice any signs that he is intrested i you? How do you feel when you think of him? How often do you see him or hangout with him? Some background infomation would help

Ask him for a lunch or dinner date or you could get together with some friends and invite him too Ask him "would you like to have lunch with me at so-and-so" something like that

he has shown interest in me before be inviting me to his room to talk awhile back, also he gives me some serious eye contact and a nice smile when i talk to hin, but that could mean nothing..

i hardly see him nowadays because he's joining a faternity and he's been really busy with finals and everything else...

it's hard to hang out with him because he's always gone or with his friends...and it would be awkward for me to be with him at the time when he's with his buddies,.. this is all too confusing for me

sorry havent replied in a while:

ask him if he would join you for a cup of coffee or something small at first, maybe help him study with finals? Wait it out. maybe after finals are over he'll have more free time and would be able to haing out with you. Just keep contact with him. if theres something there, i'll come out eventually

I think it's great that VultureFury has been giving you a guy's point of view. I also like that, as a girl, you're thinking about asking him out rather than the other way around. Some guys are really shy, and although they actually may like you, they'll simply never work up the nerve to ask you out.

So here's what you need to do. Find some way to meet up with him and strike up a conversation. Just talk about the weather, hobies, likes/dislikes etc. Then at some point during the conversation just slip in a little comment about a place you'd like to visit or an event you'd like to go to and make sure to let him know that you don't currently have anyone to go with. Leave it at that. Don't actually ask him to go with you, just insinuate. He'll get the hint and this way you may avoid having to be the one who does the asking.