I need help asking her

I'm looking to ask this girl out soon. She is a friend from school. I'm pretty sure she'll say yes. We talk on the phone A LOT and some of her friends tell me she likes me. How should I ask her? We probably can't go anywhere really because we're too young to drive (16), except maybe out to eat. I should have no problem getting her alone to ask her, but I don't really know what to say.

try to be as casual as you can, otherwise you'll just freak yourself out and look weird. If you get to talk to her in private without having to ask her to get separated from her friends, the better. That way you can just put it into casual conversation, in the middle of it you'll just say: "want to get a coffee some day?" or something.

Ask her to go somewhere with you, coffee, lunch, anywhere where you can talk with her (not movies, unless you go to dinner also).

If you have to go into bunch of girls, find her and ask if she could have a moment in private, it's fine. But then it looks a bit high school -dramaish, if you get my point

But that's okay too if you can't have anything else. The problem in that is the mighty giggling group of friends that might make you more or less uncomfortable. Also you won't be able to slip it into a casual conversation 'cause you pretty much have to get straight into the asking part. And that might feel intimidating to some people (like me )

and have lots of confidence!

If you don't set a definite time for a meeting, then you'll both be at a dead end, she'll wonder if she should call you to initiate something, and you'll be wondering how long you should wait after saying something like "Will you go out with me?"...And it will just be generally a hassle.

Personally I always thought the phase 'I really like you' worked. But thats a matter of opinion.

~S.

I have heard that it depends of what your crush thinks of you. If she has a huge crush to you too, that's probably the best thing you can tell her.

If she is not interested at all, or is only thinking: "yeah sure, he's a nice guy, but date? No way..", then you'll just scare her away and you'll never get another chance to make her like you.

At the risk of getting totally off the original subject of this thread, I'd like to point this out. I agree with SilverManiac that actually telling someone you like them is a good policy. I argue that if you say this to someone and she doesn't return your feelings, although you may be very disappointed and possibly quite embarrassed, it's a good thing because you've managed to avoid the possibility of dating someone who's not into you anyway. But if she still seems interested after you've made your feelings known then you've got a live one.

Of course it's a good idea to have a few convos with her first and try and figure out if she likes you too before you spill the beans.