Times of the day when you feel good and bad

I've noticed especially recently that when I wake up I'm no longer filled with dread and the break up doesn't hit me out of the blue like it used to. I can lie in bed for a bit quite blissfully. It isn't until I get up and have to consider going anywhere or doing anything that it sets in and I start to get upset. I'll be upset when I'm out and about and trying to go about the day, until I get home again, then it last a little while and then it sort of subsides again by evening and I can usually relax, watch a bit tv etc and feel sort of okayish, but then the next day this all happens again.

Anyone else experience this or similar.

It's sort of like the safety of home and knowing the day is done let's me escape the feeling for a while.

I've noticed especially recently that when I wake up I'm no longer filled with dread and the break up doesn't hit me out of the blue like it used to. I can lie in bed for a bit quite blissfully. It isn't until I get up and have to consider going anywhere or doing anything that it sets in and I start to get upset. I'll be upset when I'm out and about and trying to go about the day, until I get home again, then it last a little while and then it sort of subsides again by evening and I can usually relax, watch a bit tv etc and feel sort of okayish, but then the next day this all happens again.

Anyone else experience this or similar.

It's sort of like the safety of home and knowing the day is done let's me escape the feeling for a while.

Yes, I have days I feel exactly the same. Can go a good amount of time not thinking about her, but then I find the work commute in the car gives my mind too much time to think and it's easy to get into a rut of thinking about her. I now try and force myself to think about other things, and gradually it's getting easier.

But yes, I go through exactly the same thought process (including the relaxing in the evening and it subsiding). Glad I'm not the only one! :p

Not there yet :/ I find mornings are the worst for me. I wake up instinctively looking for her. I look at unfamiliar surroundings and I have to relive the breakup in my head all over again.

I do find reading self help books on breakups alleviate some of the pain for a short while. Been also wanting to get into mediation to see if that helps

Yeah..I do a lot of reading about break ups and others experiences which seems to help at the time and distract me. Where as when I'm out and about nothing can distract me enough and it's still in the back of my mind even if I'm not consciously thinking about it.

The worst time is when you are just not expecting it, and are totally blindsided.

You're having a really busy day. Loads of stuff you need to get done. You are focusing on that, and not thinking about anything else.

The day goes well, and you are pleased with what you've managed to achieve. Then one tiny thing happens, one little glimpse of something that hadn't entered your consciousness for hours.

Yesterday it was just a word. A word she said all the time, it always made me smile when she said it. Just a silly exclamation.

Suddenly something totally inconsequential happened, and I said that word to myself, and was undone.

So sometimes it's not a particular time of day, but some trigger that you just weren't prepared for.

Archived