My shy guy friend 30ish needs pick-up advice

Artist

I'm a girl so I've just said if you like a girl just go up and say "hello", take it from there. But he seems to need more direction, there's no girls at the office he's interested in and we're too old for house parties on the most part -so we go with all our friends to bars mostly and the guys (most of them have trouble with this) they're too shy to go up to girls, and they'd really like to. Any ideas how to get courage, what to say to a girl after "hi"?

If he doesn`t have a dog, and likes dogs, suggest that he consider adopting one. A cute or funny or unusual friendly dog will give your friend a great excuse to get out of the house, and dogs have a way of making introductions completely non-awkward and creating a natural "first topic" at the same time...plus he can save a life AND get a lifetime friend!!

link removed

Single friends are lined up to borrow Butch the Whippet...he`s a real conversation piece ("What kind of dog IS that?"), and knows the subtle hand signal that means "hey, jump up on this person so that I can apologize for you!"

That's what I've been doing wrong all these years! I needed to get a dog . Seriously, that's pretty smart goddesss38.

Otherwise I suggest joining some group on a topic he's interested in. You meet people and have a built in starting topic, whatever activity your doing.