Am i in love? Is this love?

zredbird

As soon as uni started, I met this boy in my flat. We hit it off straight away and started seeing each other basically. He would want to see me every day and we did, he admitted that he's shocked as he'd just got out of a 2 year relationship and thinks its crazy how he's getting feelings as strong as he had then for me in such a short period of time. He really did care about me, his friends all loved me and told him I was special and all told me he always talks about me and he's so genuine about me. Everyone thought we were the real deal and going to be together, he even told his parents and one time when we were messaging I said I had an argument with my friend and he left all his friends and immediately came to my room to see if I was okay. We get on so well, there's never an awkward moment and we can be weird around each other and feel so comfortable, we didn't even have sex that much at all. Until one day, he very suddenly said to me that he just wanted to be friends and couldn't be in a relationship so soon. However, we still were very close and he always messaged me and one time we were in my room and he kept getting so close to my face and stroking my face and my lips. Also, it's crazy but we found out a week later we're in the same course (we're doing foundation courses of different courses we applied for but been put together) and we're lab partners and just now we've been put into the same small group for a group project by random chance. Also, we bump into each other everywhere. I think he got hurt by seeing me kiss another boy in the club (i was really drunk and upset after he ended it) as now he's very off with me, and seems like he can't be alone with me anymore. I asked if he was alright yesterday and he made up some excuse like he has no effort for any girls or pulling or anything but it confused me as if we're friends why would that refer to me. I think I might be in love with him as I miss him so much like even just as a friend I just miss him.

Not love. It sounds like a case of infatuation that you never got to fully explore, which makes you want it even more because you can't have it.

It's common for the dumper to still get jealous when the dumpee looks like they're moving on. It doesn't mean they still want you though

Archived