Dealing with constant thoughts..

sputnik123

Hi all,

Been split up from ex-gf for 5 weeks now (she said she wanted a break).

There has not been much contact at all between us.

Feel very hurt about the break up and the cold way she has been since.

Would just like people's advice on how to cope with recurring thoughts of their ex partner being (intimate) with someone else.

Am really struggling with this at the moment and I'm sure the sentiment resonates among many on here.

It's one of the worst thoughts that can creep up in your mind.

And it's happened to us all.

The only thing that really helps is time and not having contact where you are seeing pics, etc.

Do you know if she's with someone else? Taking a break is often the pre cursor to final break up.

Was she letting you down easy, or asking for space to think?

Thanks SweetGirl.

I think it was a break-up, but I haven't really had closure (I guess I may have to make my own in the end).

There are a few loose ends she seems to be stalling on, but in my heart of hearts I think she has met someone else, but have no hard evidence (I have avoided checking).

Thanks SweetGirl.

I think it was a break-up, but I haven't really had closure (I guess I may have to make my own in the end).

There are a few loose ends she seems to be stalling on, but in my heart of hearts I think she has met someone else, but have no hard evidence (I have avoided checking).

Not having closure is so hard, unfortunately the emotional maturity lacks in some people,

and they find it easier to walk away.

Be your best self, and smile!

You never know who's going to fall in love with it

Hi all,

Been split up from ex-gf for 5 weeks now (she said she wanted a break).

There has not been much contact at all between us.

Feel very hurt about the break up and the cold way she has been since.

Would just like people's advice on how to cope with recurring thoughts of their ex partner being (intimate) with someone else.

Am really struggling with this at the moment and I'm sure the sentiment resonates among many on here.

Regarding the recurring thoughts try to remember it’s just your mind playing out movies and this isn’t actually happening . Your mind is painting a thought for you that isn’t based on what is happening. Your ex may be in the shops or asleep or in mthe gym while you are imagining she is at this stuff so it’s just in your head . Overtime these thought will cease or have less of an impact on you

Archived