was he hinting at a date or was i just dreaming?

hey people! hope u can help n put me out of my misery.

well it was my birthday the other (hooray!) so we all went out, the guy ive got my eye on didnt go well the day after i decided to go in2 town to walk my hangover off, n just get out the house. so whilst i was in town, i saw my lad he came over hugged me gave me a kiss and wished me happy birthday n sed sorry that he was unable to come out 4 my birthday! i was like ok, he sed to me hw r u? i sed extremely hungover, which i was, he sed to me u know wots good 4 a hangover? i sed wot? he sed goin 2 macdonalds 4 a strawberry milkshake (offer 4 date maybe?) i sed no i can stomach it! stupid idiot! he laughed! then we were chattin 4 a while he sed i mite go and c anger management at the cinema 2nite, u know the one with adam sandler? i was oh yeah ( but i cant imagine a lad goin 2 cinema on his own, so mayb another offer by ne chance) i stupidly changed the subject dont have a clue y tho!

so can ne1 help me out here? he sends me mixed messages! help!

This is such an annoying situation! - you dont realise whats happening until after its happened.. its happened to me so many times, and i always kick myself. Move fast. If hes anything like me, he may be abit casual about things, and so wont make so many bold moves, but make a few suttle hints now and then. Speak to him asap, and show you are interested - maybe even make a move?