Concerned about losing me, but ignores some of my messages?

thorough

I'm just kinda confused. When I take awhile to respond, my bf gets concerned. Then sometimes when I message him, he will read my message and not respond, sometimes that can be 5 hours or more. One time I took a couple hours to respond and he mentioned something about it What is up w/this? I texted him a gm text, he read it and hasn't responded, which he never really does. When he does this, it make me really question how much he cares about me. Btw he never used to be like this, if he was, I prob would never have taken the step to being exclusive.

Btw he never used to be like this, if he was, I prob would never have taken the step to being exclusive.
Well, if it's that big a deal, then take the step out of being exclusive and dump him.

Honestly, it depends on the context as far as the dating goes. I don't often reply to general "thinking of you" texts, which I'd include "good morning" as. It's really just a read it, smile, and put my phone back in my pocket thing. Now if I'm texted something important regarding a plan or whatever, I'll try to get back promptly. If he's sending you generic "good morning" or "hope you're having a good day" texts and getting on you about it when you likewise don't resply, then yeah, it's hypocrisy. If there's something relatively time sensitive that he needs details about, that's a different story.

Regardless, one way or the other, I could never imagine texting being a source of contention in a relationship.

Well, if it's that big a deal, then take the step out of being exclusive and dump him.

Honestly, it depends on the context as far as the dating goes. I don't often reply to general "thinking of you" texts, which I'd include "good morning" as. It's really just a read it, smile, and put my phone back in my pocket thing. Now if I'm texted something important regarding a plan or whatever, I'll try to get back promptly. If he's sending you generic "good morning" or "hope you're having a good day" texts and getting on you about it when you likewise don't resply, then yeah, it's hypocrisy. If there's something relatively time sensitive that he needs details about, that's a different story.

Regardless, one way or the other, I could never imagine texting being a source of contention in a relationship.

That's what it is, I would not draw back if he texted me something of importance, but he usually answers my gm texts anyways.

Honestly I didn't think much of texting, until I came across guys who claimed they cared about me, but rarely ever texted me.

Idk its hard for me because I brought up feeling neglected and he said he would try harder. Hard for me to imagine him caring about me that much if it takes 5 hours or more to reply to my text, then again that's just me.

Archived