I havnt had a girlfrien in a long while

the last girlfriend i had was with my 5 year, we broke up last october.. and since then i've been. single.. but for the past few months i was in the depressed stage.. and now im out.. and well i dont know.. about all my friends have gfs.. and i feel left out.. i miss the feeling of it you know? ive been out on a few dates and i didnt really like the girls i dated.. they wanted like a title i guess... they didnt really didnt work out i guess.. i dont know if that made sense.. basicley i know what i want, and im not finding it... im 16, and i was a girl who is looking for love.. i mean not just one night stands, and the fact of "ok lets go out cuz we look good together" or "im only with you cuz your hott" i hate people like that.. it really turns me off when people say stuff like "yeah i'm only dating him/her cuz their hott.. thats all that matters" yeah. and i havnt found a girl, since my 5 year like that... recently ive been focused on my music (since january) and i started up an acoustic thing on myspace... and recently started a band.. which is going alright i supose. but other than that im kinda lonly.. and my friend made a comment to me which was kind of messed up because he was like... "well atleast i have a girl, and could get one" and yeah... that was kinda messed up i suppose. but hes right to an extent. i havnt found a girl like that... at when i DO find a girl, they just turn to be "just friends" which is alright i supose but i want MORE than JUST FRIENDS!.. i thought that music would get me a girl, to be more noticed.. and believe me it has.. but still nothing... that and im not "hott" im just... "alright" i supose...

i dont know what to do... i seems i lost my path.. where do i start? any tips? suggestions?