Better ways to ask for women's "phone numbers"?

Usually when I ask for a woman's phone number, I usually do something very casual like, "I'd like to talk to you and get to know you more? Can I have your phone number? Maybe we can spend more time together."

I usually say things like that.

I'm 26, there's this really nice girl who I known for a long time, she was a former high school classmate, we went to school together. We weren't high school sweethearts or anything like that, we were just close friends. We never dated before and I know the fact that she likes me because I remember her asking for my phone number when we were in school a long time ago. I can't remember if she called me or not since it was so long ago.

Well, this same girl is now working at the same office building where I work at. I'd love to talk to her more, but man, she has a different schedule and works a different position so it's very difficult for me to get together with her. She seemed to be surprised when she saw me in the building.

I've dated several women in the past before but they were either not right me or I wasn't right for them. My dream woman is to find that special woman that will take me for who I am as a human being and respect me as a human rather than being used like a human ATM machine (women has used me for the money). My dream woman is to find a woman who will truly love me and respect me, and I have a feeling that the woman I'm interested in now is that perfect someone.

So can anyone here give me some good advice in getting hooked up with her? I want to get hooked up with her soon before she dissappears on me again. I want to get hooked up with her before she gets another boyfriend or something. I know she is single because if she weren't, she wouldn't be coming up to me flirting with me all the time everytime she saw me at work. She's a really nice girl, she's a blonde head woman who's around my age.

If anyone has anygood "pickup lines" or tips so I wouldn't get rejected. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Ask her out to lunch sometime and tell her you want to catch up. If she is flirting with you then chances are she is interested. When you go to lunch and get to talk to her one on one you should be able to see if she truly is interested in you. If she is, then exchanging phone numbers should be that difficult. She may even give you hers.

• 4 months later...