Broke up not sure what to do next

Bobby Jo

Hi guys, split up with my ex girlfriend few days ago because I got into a mood and told her to collect her stuff and then cancelled a holiday we had planned (I managed to rebook it luckily) now she just wants me to move on but I feel so guilty and I'm regretting everything I did, I have apologized a few times and told her I love her with everything I have (both her and her little baby mean the world to me) .. I haven't messaged her back after she told me to move on and that I hurt her should I give it a week before contacting her again? I honestly don't want to lose her .

Many thanks

This is why you should never break up with someone unless you really mean it. Sometimes it can't be undone.

What do you mean that you got into a mood? It must have been a pretty bad mood to dump her and cancel your holiday. She is rightfully asking for space now; your actions seem pretty drastic but maybe we need more context to understand what happened and what you should do from here.

She just seemed down a few days ago and she wouldn't tell me what was wrong, so I just slipped to conclusions and said it must be about me so then she hid her relationship status on Facebook and removed me from Instagram so that's when I overreacted and said she needs to come collect her stuff (she denies that she removed status) I felt so guilty for what I did I was going to turn up at her door last night to apologize but I just think that would push her further away and I really don't want that. Do you think ignoring her for a week would do the trick? We had such a strong relationship and i would do anything for her or her baby and she knows that. I'm 25 she's 20. If I don't hear from her again in a week would it be a good idea to send her a message asking her if. She wants to go for a coffee or something?

She hid her relationship status before you broke up with her? It's possible she wanted to break up with you and that's why she won't come back

Well the morning after she hid it, she just said that she mentioned nothing about breaking up with me, which I don't understand. Obviously by the time she said that I had already told her to collect her stuff

It's a bit strange that she removed her relationship status and all traces of you online before you ended it. It sounds to me like she was getting ready to the same thing anyway. I'm not so sure you jumped to an incorrect conclusion there - why did she say she did that?

And no, ignoring someone is never the way to resolve conflict. Don't show up at her house uninvited either, though. You can tell her you would like to talk, but I have a feeling this break-up may have been coming anyway.

Archived