This week my girlfriend of 2 years ended our relationship because she is no longer in love with me. After trying everything I now have to accept that it's over, as much as it is the last thing I ever wanted.

Last month we booked a 6 week trip to Indonesia together, which is booked for 3-4 weeks time. She has told me that she would still like to travel with me, but purely as friends.

I have a couple of weeks to decide if I want to go ahead with this or not. Everyone I've spoken to is telling me it is a bad idea, but a large part of me wants to go. But I'm worried that it's for the wrong reasons- that the tiniest part of me hopes she will change her mind when we're out there. In the state I'm in at the moment, I can't imagine either going or not going on the trip with her.

I've taken myself away by deleting all pictures and contact with her for a while until I can accept what's happened. In an ideal world I would be over her in a couple of weeks time and we could travel as good friends, although this is hard to imagine right now.

Any advice would be appreciated

Archived