Is it normal to have never had a Girlfriend?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I realize that this is a very old thread but I think you or anyone else in your shoes should know:

I went all the way through high school without a girlfriend. Heck, I'm a junior in college, and I've still not been involved in a relationship.

But keep your chin up, and everything will be fine. I remember in high school thinking that I desperately needed a girlfriend. Once I got to college, I began to be more involved in school, and had much less time anyways. A couple of bad experiences, and I decided that no girlfriend was better than a *****. And truthfully, there are many guys going out with very inconsiderate girls just because she's a girl.

But now, things are finally coming about, just like everyone always said they would. I finally began to shape up the way I look a little, but mostly I've just been associating with girls who share similar interests.

In fact, recently I've been "hanging out" with some of the more beautiful girls at my school. College--or maybe just maturity--seems to have some way of separating the beautiful girls and the "hot" girls, and of course it's the former I'm interested in.

Recently, I just went on a pretty romantic date with one of the most attractive girls I've met--and attractive not just because she's gorgeous, but because she's smart, kind and funny, too.

For me, at least, girls are beginning to realize that a smart and conservative, albeit shy guy like you or me is really the best bet in the long-run. So what if they've had a significant other and you haven't; the point is, at some point they'll want you and you'll want them.

But don't be afraid to ask them out. My friends know me as the "expert on rejection." Sadly, I'm so used to it that I can smell it from a mile away. I used to be more outwardly passionate, and I'm still me, but rejection has built up my strength and emotional stability, and now, come what may I'll ask out any girl I'm interested in. And not only can I better handle it, but in general just being able to handle it well--call it confidence--has made me more successful.

PS--Oh, and don't worry. I've been asked if I'm gay, or mocked for having not a girlfriend nor ever had, but they're just jealous because they know, even if only subconsciously, that their glory will be only short lived, but you, my friend, will be successful in the long run. Just remember, life is a learning process. And elements such as dating will improve with time, practice, and a little luck.

With that, I wish you the very best of luck, and the humility to see the good in whatever happens!

• 1 year later...

I know this is a really old thread but im still gonna post.

I am a sophmore in highschool, i have friends but not that many but they are still close and i play WoW with some of them. i think because i have gotten into MLG (major League gaming) i have not gone out as much as i should because i am not learning skills to talk to girls or anything. the only girls i talk to are the ones that are not attractive because girls that are attractive can sometimes scare me which is odd.

pls help out

I know this is a really old thread but im still gonna post.

I am a sophmore in highschool, i have friends but not that many but they are still close and i play WoW with some of them. i think because i have gotten into MLG (major League gaming) i have not gone out as much as i should because i am not learning skills to talk to girls or anything. the only girls i talk to are the ones that are not attractive because girls that are attractive can sometimes scare me which is odd.

pls help out