Yeah. If there are any Irish fairs in your town, go to one of those. I went to one and I've never seen so many lesbians in all of my life. I never would have figured that an Irish Fair would be a lesbian hangout.

Try the Renaissance Faire too, if lesbians hit up Irish Fairs, I am sure they hang out there as well.

Hey there - I know that a lot of colleges have a lesbian/bi/transgender/questioning women type discussion group. Like a weekly coffee/cookies/tea type of meeting just to chat. You can call up the college's center for gay/bi/transgender/questioning people and ask them what kinds of things are going on this week - any events in your city. Perhaps, offer to volunteer with some of their activities.

How about the gay bookstores in your area? They may have advertisements for events going on.

have a fun weekend!

I have two suggestions:

2005 Philadelphia International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival It's July 7 - 18th. You can check them out on the web at link removed

Also, check out link removed There are a lot of good groups that get together to talk. It would be an excellent way to learn more about the gay and lesbian community in your city.

Good luck!

Sam