When is the right time to ask...

hello all;

here's my issue. i have been hanging out with this girl i met(chris) for about a year now and i have gotten real close with her in the last 6 months. she recently broke up with her bf about 5 months ago, and i broke up with mine 2 months ago. i know the reason why i broke up with my ex-girlfriend was because i found someone that treats me with more respect, but i do respect my ex by not jumping into another relationship so soon. how long do i wait to make a move?

i also am getting the feeling that if i wait too long, another boy might pop into the picture... there is this one guy that is trying to get to know her right now and she used to say he wasn't his type and such, and now she's saying that she might give it a shot cause he's being aggressive. i can't tell if that's her hinting for me to make a move, or she is just saying what friends say to one another... (our current situation is that we do hang out by going to a movie, watching tv, or going out to eat dinner or coffee, but we have never expressed how we felt for each other. there is still a part of me that feels that she wants to be just friends, but we do flirt a lot too. so many mixed vibes. i can't tell what she's thinking.

any advice would be greatly appreciated(or if any females can shed the light on how females act in my situation )

hi hopper,

my name is brittany. i have been in that type of situation. actually im in it now. i think two months is more than enough time for you and your ex to cool off. if your ex still loves you than she will let you be happy. thats how it is for me. i just broke up with my bf last night. we went out for 3 months. it was hard! anyways off of my probs.

you should talk to chris and ask her how she really feels about you. if you arent comfortable with talking to her in person, then write her a note. that way you dont have to be there when she hears the news. sometimes its just better that way. tell her how you feel about her. explain that you have felt like this for a while. just dont expect her to just jump into your arms right away. give her time to think about it. girls dont like to be pestered.

i really hope i helped atleast some. if i didnt than im sorry. well i wish you the best of luck with chris. keep us posted on how things are going for the two of you.

~ * brittany * ~