My Situation

Hey all, i just stumbled over this board a few minutes ago, and it seems like a good place to ask for some advice on my problem. So here it is.

Ok, so i know this girl who is in one of my classes, we talk now and then, and she's a nice girl, im not sure if she is interested in me, but maybe once she got to know me she might be. Sense i don't see her much, and when i do its always when she is with a group, i was thinking about calling her up and saying something like " Hey (name) how are you doing? I was just calling to see if you wanted to maybe hang out some time"

But im afraid she will see this as way out of left field and think im a weirdo. But i really don't know how i would initiate conversation like that with 4 of her friends standing right next to us. Any advice? Maybe if im going about it the right way, if you can help me with my phone conversation and what to say to come off as laid back(because i am) and not weird and stalking like? Thanks.

In my opinion you should get to know her and the people she hangs out with. Hang around and wait for an opportunity... say walking her home.

During this walk would be the perfect time to ask her if she'd like to hang out sometime. Mention that you've enjoyed the time you've spent together with her thus far and this will help ease the question in there, in fact she'll probably see it coming. That way things won't be awkward. If she's says no thanks then shrug it off and say "Well nice chatting with you I'll see you (next time you see her)!" or something along those lines.

The fact you are begging her will make your offer *less* attractive. If you don't act weird around her it'll only build a case for you in her mind. In fact don't be surprised if later that week she asks you if the offer still stands.

Good luck!

I can't believe I put more instead of less... that must've confused the hell outta you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey maybe I can help you out. For me to want to go out with a guy that I do not know that well I would want him to be nice and not pushy. So I would have to say call her up and just ask her if she would like to go hang out some where and get to know each other a little better. And hopefully she says yes and if she does you can go from there. But just do not seem pushy or any thing like that. I hope that will help.