Lyrics I Wrote: I'm Glad

From_Now_On

This is about getting out of a relationship and the guy has gotten a new girl but is still doing double takes on you &/or trying to make you jealous. I figured a few of us coul relate so I thought I'd share. Enjoy, comments are welcome.

I'm glad

[chorus]

I'm glad

I'm really oh so happy for you

I'm not mad

I'm not even sad

I'm really really just glad

for you

[end chorus]

You act like you're the one that got away

You think you were my night and day

But look at that sunset

I am not beat just quite yet

Don't give yourself so much credit

Later on you'll regret it

When you see

That being without out you is not devastating me

At all

-chorus-

Look at you, hey you're moving on

You've already found a new someone

Why do you keep making double takes?

Hugging so much closer to her when I'm in your wake?

Don't you see I'm not bothered?

Are you for real to go through so much trouble?

I'm already gone

Isn't that where you belong?

Why should I be jealous?

What we had really wasn't such a big thing

When you said goodbye...did you really think I would fall apart?

It would break my heart?

Now don't you see...?

-chorus-

I thought you said that I should leave?

Well now I'm gone...so let me be

Sorry I'm not crying

Sorry that I'm okay

Didn't know that the rules of breaking up

Meant you had to hold on

And appear so unstrong

Really....strength isn't even what I needed

Getting over you was easy...after all, you're just a guy

So why…

Do you care at all what I think?

Why do you try so hard to get at me?

It's over, we had our fun

You're moving on...I'm not following

But...

-chorus-

I'm glad

Ins:

Lol, thanks. And yes, that would be me..me last august lol. I'm glad ya like the hat. My friend's mum bought it for me because I am always wearing hats and...she likes to spoil me. lol. You can't tell in the picture but it's pink and it reads "tickled" Tickled pink. Haha. I love to wear it when I'm in a blah mood. The irony makes me giggle. Sorry to hear ur hanging up yours. =(. Maybe you can borrow mine? ;P

lol aw, ur no fun. haha. oh well. Oh, also, was reading through some of my old posts and I re-stumbled accross a comment I had left on a poem you wrote. I didn't write much, "I loved it." Just thought I'd let you know it was really very good. "This One's For You Dad". I believe it was? I actually wrote one pretty similar (not in form but in what it was addressing) a while back to my own dad (and I suppose my step mum as well). Posted it on here, "Verbal Abrasions". It's a far more long-winded version but it has the same idea. It was one of my first posts actually I think....anyway. Just looked up the link for it if you wanted to check it out. Seemed to me you might sort of understand the feeling behind it. I don't know how similar our situations are…they do seem to be a little different…but in a way, they appear quite similar. Not-so-grand dad, but we pull through anyway. Anyway, there's the link if you want to check it out. No obligation. Take care.

link removed

nice... it's crazy how similar they can be. I couldn't be that cold to my child it would make me feel guilty.

I'm just glad I have my mom. I don't really care about my step-dad either. But mom is basically my world eventhough we go through some rough times.

-.ins

That's good to hear. Gotta have someone. My mum doesn't always make things easy...it's different with her because she neglected and abandoned me all throughout my childhood...but she came back when things got rough with my dad so she was there when I really needed her. And for that I guess we pretty much break even. It's hard with her sometimes still though. For me my half brother is my world. And my sister and I are a team when it gets down to harder times (most of the time). Ah, life. But writing helps. And really, you can overcome anything if you put your mind to it.

Take Care. Glad to hear things are well for you with your mom. =)

-FNO

Ah, life. But writing helps. And really, you can overcome anything if you put your mind to it.

Take Care. Glad to hear things are well for you with your mom. =)

-FNO

I don't really write to free up anything up there. i don't stress over much because tomorrow is another day. when I write it's almost emotionless and just fresh thoughts turning into words most of the time. I think my lack of stress and issues really puts a restraint on how often I can write, but it also gives me time to think about how to go about writing something.

it's an odd philosophy on writing but I'm pretty sure that's how I work.

emotionless or not... words do mean something to someone in the end...

good night,

-.ins