Asks me out, and then is a no-show

fabact

Men, men, men, please explain this to me! I meet a guy, he texts me, asks me out. Gets sick last week (as did I too) and he had to reschedule. We reschedule for Tuesday (today) and then Tuesday comes around, and he disappears. I texted at 2 pm "hey, we still on for tonight?" Not a peep. I just KNOW he got my text.

So here's my question. What's the thrill of standing someone up. Really, seriously. Why does a man not even text to cancel? There has to be a reason why...

Btw, I'm a successful, attractive woman. I know not all men are like this, but I'm trying understand why? What's the deal with standing someone up?

Personally...barring some unforeseen emergency or accident....this is the lowest of the low. I don't care about the reasons "why" someone did it, as if that justifies this (like, oh maybe he liked someone else better), there is no excuse for leading someone to believe you will be somewhere, having that person go out of their way to the location, and just not showing up and not informing the person that you do not plan to be there. At the very least provide some lame excuse like you are not feeling well, ahead of time, so the person won't waste their time getting ready. I definitely have wanted to cancel dates, but i would never dream of just blowing the person off without explanation.

I have had this happen to me with a guy i knew. I wish back then i did not take it so personally. It said more about him than about me. I was just so upset by it though. in retrospect i wish i just let it roll of my back. it really does say more about that other person. Do you really want to be with someone like that?

but if it was someone i had never met before in real life - and only chatted with them online, it would sting, but think about it, they don't know you, they've never met you, so it can't be personal. only saw your photos - and if they arranged the date they must have liked what they saw. so in that case it's clear that it's a reflection of the other person. They are super rude, self-centered people who don't stop to think about other people's time or feelings before they do things like this. they have no respect for other people's time.

he maybe freaked out at the reality of it. I had a girl that talked to me for a long time on OKC, then we almost met a few times, but never quite, and then I finally figured out she wasnt actually into it. It just wasnt her thing to meet someone online.

he maybe freaked out at the reality of it. I had a girl that talked to me for a long time on OKC, then we almost met a few times, but never quite, and then I finally figured out she wasnt actually into it. It just wasnt her thing to meet someone online.

Why do Americans over use the word "freaked".

The definition of freaked "behave or cause to behave in a wild and irrational way, typically because of the effects of extreme emotion or drugs."

Please stop using the word freaked becuase he hasnt. The man just either changed his mind or lost interest.

The definition of freaked "behave or cause to behave in a wild and irrational way, typically because of the effects of extreme emotion or drugs."

Please stop using the word freaked becuase he hasnt. The man just either changed his mind or lost interest.

As an expression "freaked out" means to panic or to get upset, and has been used that way for decades. Words can have multiple definitions, sometimes regionally.

your reply just freaked me out

Archived