Friend likes the same girl

I've known this girl at school for about 5 years. We've never been close friends but we occasionally talk in class. She laughs at allmyjokes and seems to enjoy my company. I'venever really considered it, but lately i've found that i like her. A LOT

Last friday She was at my friend's party and so was I. I asked for her cellphone number and she gave it to me gladly.

Now what do i do. She probably has no idea i like her (well now that i asked for her number she might suspect something.)

There is one BIG problem. My good friend (the one at who's party i was) likes her too. He denies it around most people, but he told me he likes her. He also knows that i like her because i told him after the party. He told me that he's too afarid to ask her out. He didn't say anything about me liking her too.

He is friends with this girl as well. The three of us have known each other for like 5 years.

I really don't know what to do. I want to ask this girl out but i don't want to upset my friend. He's already been through something like this recently where his friend went out with the girl he liked. He stayed friends with thi guy and the girl, but he was very upset for a while.

He's too afraid to ask her out. I'm kinda scared but if it wasn't for him i'd do it.

What do i do? I thought of saying to him: "I like her but i want to stay friends, i'll ask her out in a week. You have the chance now. Do it now. If you don't there is the chance that you won't get another chance."

But i don't know if that's such a great idea.

HELP

You have the right idea. First give your friend a chance to ask her out. If it doesn't work for him, then go ahead and ask her out. Make sure it's okay with your friend though before this idea is implemented. I had the same problem like you did. My friend and me liked this cute blond girl. Yet we were both unsuccessful in our attempts to woo her. He still likes her but my feelings have passed. I know you can do it. Good luck!

Sorry, but that reminds me of moving as fast as a snail... Nowadays it happens so awfully rare that you really get together with a girl that you've been freaking about for 5 years... You both (you and your friend) should be looking at more than just one girl... Some time ago I had the same problem, you won't get an emotional shock if you have more girls to aim for... For example - if you'd now see your friend walking with that girl, you may get upset for MONTHS, because of the feeling that you've been crawling to her for years and it doesn't make a sense now... Rememmber to keep at least 2 or 3 other girls in your mind...