For the past few days…when I met my ex in a chat room we both visit and I send her a greeting…I got back "humming…."

I replied "excuse me? Why are you humming?" She replied "it helps to keep my mind clear." I asked "clear of?" She said "you…."

I then asked (this was all out loud, not in private messages) "does it help?" and she said "no…but it's safer than talking to you…" I *chuckled* and then asked what song she was humming. She responded "humming louder".

Ok this has went on for 3 days…and she hasn't answered my phone calls…yet she called me yesterday morning on her way to work to talk….nothing about the relationship. We joked about the humming…once again she laughed and said it isn't helping. She said I was playing innocent...that I know what I do too her inside.

Saturday she called me to ask if I was in Texas at her hometown…I laughed and said no. She saw a Tahoe like mine with Missouri tags and thought it was funny because I was on her mind and she had been "humming" in the chat room that morning.

I know her and the "other" man had a favorite song; Fly me too the Moon. I asked on Yahoo messenger last night if she was humming it. She said flatly "not anymore".

I asked "why not?" she said…."I do not want to talk about it ok?" I said sure…that was ok. Then she logged.

My thought is she has broken up with the rebound relationship because of our unfinished business…and the humming helps her to keep her mind off of me. I honestly don't think it's to keep her mind off of him.

Please share with me your thoughts….is this a good sign or a bad sign?

• 2 weeks later...