Lost a gf and now maybe losing a friend. What should I do?

There's a couple of questions here. Thanks again in general for the help this forum has given me.

I recently went through a break up. I thought things were somewhat stable after some turmoil (from previous thread) and I guess not. She felt I should be doing everything in my power to support her with her weight issue. I tried and failed. When she approached me about something that I couldn't understand why she was upset, I told her that I don't understand why it's an issue. She ended it.

I was telling a friend about this. We've know each other for a few months and she seemed to want to listen and talk about her prior past relationship as well. I asked if she wants to grab a drink and talk and she agreed. During our talk she started talking about things we've never talked about. She told me she likes having sex when she's drunk (we had 3 drinks already) and she likes to be wild. I didn't really try to address it since in the past she's referred to me as teddy bear, and friend. She then invited me back to her place. After a couple of hours there, I made a move and 20 seconds in she started saying how we're friends and she respects our friendship so I stopped. When we saw each other recently (in a group) she made jokes that I'm not allowed to leave when I said I'm stepping away at some pt, but everything else was weird from her.

I feel like I'm constantly misreading situations and not understanding them. What does one do to improve I guess their EQ? If I can't, how do I rectify it? Although sometimes when I think of the situation I don't find myself to have been wrong, but I feel it happens enough that I'm leaning towards I'm doing something wrong and need to do more to improve myself. Any advice on improvement or how to rectify things would be helpful. Thanks again peops.

She wanted to hook-up and was quite straight forward about it...but then played tease and shut you down after she invites you to her place. You didn't misread anything, your EQ seems spot on.

]She told me she likes having sex when she's drunk.She then invited me back to her place. I made a move and 20 seconds in she started saying how we're friends and she respects our friendship.

Archived