Is this normal while NC?

Jagg

Hi, I am Jorge and I am 25. Me and my GF of 2 years broke up 10 days ago, She is 24.

I started NC immediately even before reading about the NC rule, and just once 3 days after the breakup I was weak and contacted her. After that, yesterday She texted me to exchange some stuff so I will be seeing her this friday. I know She still loves me and I know She is missing me because She said her teddy bear (The one I gave her) was working "full hours", and well, I guess I just know.

Now, this woman is very amazing, beautiful, smart and I am death sure I love her a LOT, "problem" is that I have difficult days not being with her but not as much as I would`ve think. About the title of this post: Sometimes I feel super in love and willing to do anything to win her back (right now I am working hard at the gym) and other times I feel like, " it", and it´s not that I don´t love her, but I remember the boring parts of the relationship. Sometimes I want her more than anything and miss her like CRAZY but sometimes I just don´t feel like it.

Does this happen to you? Missing her/him at times and not caring at others during the same day?

ps: Sorry for the crappy English!

Well, if I felt like I loved someone and they broke up with me, I usually was upset and angry, but it would take a good 4-6 months not to care. Everyone's different. There is no normal. If she broke up with you, then it means she didn't care enough to stay and work things out. Closure will happen a lot more quickly with no contact. When you exchange your items, it'll be a good idea to discuss how you will both need no contact to get the place you mentally need to be. Take care.

Of course, it doesn’t have to be either/or! You guys broke up because the relationship wasn’t working in some way or another, and you don’t miss the things that you didn’t like but you can still miss her and the good times you had together. You were together for two years and its only been 10 days, it’s only normal to miss someone, even if you were the one that decided you didn’t want to be together. In time, with no contact , things will become clearer and easier.

Archived