I know I have no choice but to let him go but I'm struggling.

Story of my life. The struggle. Ugh. Lol. I've noticed lately that my friend hasn't been around. We work(ed?) together and, as I haven't seen him, I assume he quit or something. Anyway, I've been really upset. I don't make friends easily and I'd hate to never see him again. We're not that close but I could imagine being close friends with him. I want closure. Lol. If he's not returning at any point, I want to say goodbye. I don't know what the question is. I just feel like this whole thing was pointless.

I should. This is mainly upsetting because he was extraordinarily nice to me. No one has ever treated me that well.

Do you mean literally that nobody has ever treated you that well, as in family or friends or coworkers?

If so, you should probably see a therapist. That's a long time to live without someone ever being extraordinarily nice to you and it probably has affected you.

It's reached the point where I'd just like to know, besides being physically unattractive, what I'm doing so wrong that no one wants to be around me. Yes, I'm quiet. That's just how I am. It's just so upsetting that someone can be important me and I'm just nothing to them. They can take me or leave me. I try to be a good person but it's clearly a "close but no cigar" thing.

• 3 weeks later...

So...I sent him a message about two weeks ago and he never answered. It sucks. I'm not even sure if he saw it because it's clear that he hasn't used Facebook in years. I'm trying really hard to forget about him, as I feel completely ridiculous for fixating on him, but I feel a tremendous sense of loss.

The saddest part about it is that he could contact me if he wanted to. He just obviously doesn't want to.

Someone just tell me your secret to forgetting about someone you care(d) about. Lol.

So...I sent him a message about two weeks ago and he never answered. It sucks. I'm not even sure if he saw it because it's clear that he hasn't used Facebook in years. I'm trying really hard to forget about him, as I feel completely ridiculous for fixating on him, but I feel a tremendous sense of loss.

The saddest part about it is that he could contact me if he wanted to. He just obviously doesn't want to.

Someone just tell me your secret to forgetting about someone you care(d) about. Lol.

Well this is disappointing... there was a chance for facebook to do some good in the world, and it failed!

The "secret" to not feeling too bad about someone like this is to be enjoying other parts of your life so much that you hardly realize he is gone. You said yourself that you two were "not that close," you don't have to take his disappearance so personally. I'm sorry that this has been bothering you for weeks, and that I don't have much advice on how to make it feel better.

Archived