Day 15... Upbeat Songs that Power You Through a Break Up

I woke up this morning feeling strangely positive. After over 2 weeks I know to embrace when I feel good and to not get too downhearted when my feelings swing back to the bad side. I even kicked my butt out of bed early and I was strutting on the treadmill at 6.30am before coming into work. Don’t get me wrong, I still have a permanent ache in the pit of my stomach and I still miss my ex (and at the same time, I want to hit him around the face with a wet fish!). But, I’m determined to not let it drag me down today.

On that note, I thought today was a good day to share with you songs that I listen to when I need to raise my spirits and power myself through the heartbreak. I listen to these at the gym or whilst I’m at my desk. There are plenty of sad, miserable tunes to accompany heart break but I decided to exclude these as break ups are depressing enough (I love Adele but I can’t listen to her anymore- way too depressing).

Today’s list (in no particular order):

Rita Ora – RIP

Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora – Black Widow

Queen – The Show Must Go On

Queen – I Want to Break Free

Sia – Elastic Heart

Sia – Burn the Pages

Nicole Scherzinger – Don’t Hold Your Breath

Kelly Clarkson – Since U Been Gone

Beyonce – Best Thing I Never Had

P!nk – So What

Christina Aguilera – Fighter

Taylor Swift – Shake it Off

Taylor Swift – We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Cee Lo Green – Forget You

Lily Allen - Smile

Kelis – Caught Out There

Elton John – I’m Still Standing

Katy Perry – Roar

And mending hearts since 1978... Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive

Music can be a fantastic therapy for raising your spirits during a trauma tic period in your life. If you have any empowering songs you’d like to share that helps you through your break up, please feel free to add.

Love yourself - Justin Bieber.

Confident - Demi Lovato

Irreplaceable - Beyonce

Flawless Remix - Beyonce ft. Nicki Minaj

Same old Love - Selena Gomez

Its crazy how I would never have given most of music a chance before this.. Now I thoroughly enjoy it. Except Bey, I always loved Bey.

I'm sure there is more, but I've always had issues remembering songs.

Archived