Please help me understand what's really going on with me...

brittsakajian

I have been dating my boyfriend for eight months now and I need to know why I get so upset that he goes out with his friends and I cannot handle it. I can't quite grasp these feelings but I have been in other relationships where this is an issue as well, and honestly, I just want my feelings to go away. I want a way to solve these inner demons that I have so that I can have a normal relationship where I don't harbor these awful feelings.

Here is an example:

My boyfriend plays soccer and had an outdoor game this morning. After the game, he went out with some of his teammates for breakfast, probably had a drink, and was only at breakfast for an hour and a a half or so. I instantly felt unsettled when he texted me this. From my perspective, I was upset because I had purposely taken a shift this morning because I knew he had work and wouldn't be able to spend much time with me, plus he had not been making his outdoor games lately. We watch soccer every saturday and sunday morning and I felt like since there was no soccer on, I could take a shift and wait until the next week to watch soccer with him. Now, he has to work this following sunday, earlier than expected, and I took a shift for absolutely no reason.

However, no one is really wrong in this situation, I just want my anger and jealousy to stop. I have absolutely no way of making it go away and I want a solution. My boyfriend spends every night with me, since we started this relationship, so why I am struggling so much to deal with all these issues. He does everything right and I can't just put my emotions in the back of my head and move on.

Please help me.

You need to try and understand that everyone is entitled some 'free time', outside the relationship.(friends/family).

It's a part of accepting, respect, etc.

Like you said... he's with you every night.

Are there possibly certain things that you worry or think about when he's out?

Archived