Niteclub Date...

daveAA

Hey,

Ive arranged to meet this girl - been txting 4 a few weeks, and asked her out a few times but it never worked out due to me or her bein busy. Anyhow she said dat she wanted to get to know me better first in a group situation b4 we went out jus the two of us, so anyway shes going out over the weekend and asked me to come along wit a friend.

So is there any advice when meetin up wit a girl at a niteclub. I really didnt want to do it at a place like this, mainly due to the fact that there would be lots of competition (as she is very pretty), and i would rather jus get to know her 1 on 1.

Are there any advantages to this approach?

Thanks

Dave

The night club is a bad idea, because for the 1st time meeting one another up it would be best at a place where you 2 can hear eachother voices & have a more personable conversation. I've gone on 1st dates always in public places so I wouldn't need to bring a friend along. That friend will feel like a 3rd wheel.

Is she going to bring a female friend? If she wants you to bring a friend, maybe she wants to make it a little more like a "double date." Yeah, I'm not totally down with the nightclub idea. It's better if you can actually hear each other talk.

Can you all go to a quiet-ish martini bar or cigar lounge? Somewhere with couches and mellow music so you can talk?

Have fun on the psuedo-date!

I am "all for" nightclub dates. The first time you are getting to know someone, I think that it's a good idea to be in a fun, playful atmosphere. I find first dates awkward enough to begin with, especially the typical ones where you are sitting accross a table at a restaurant with some dude you don't know at all. If one of you is shy, there are going to be awkward silences pretty much all night. One of you will have to control the conversation.

If she suggested a nighclub, it probably means that she wants to have some fun with you to break the ice. I am very in favour of this setting. You can have a couple of drinks, dance, and who really cares if you can't hear each other talk crystal-clear? That can come later. You don't need intense conversation on the first night you're getting to know each other.

Here's what I would like if I suggested a nightclub date:

- Buy some "girly" shooters like raspberry Sour Puss, B52, tequila rose, etc.

- When a really crappy boy-band song comes on, try to sing along with the words or imitate their moves (if you're that kind of goofy guy. I would laugh my butt off if a guy did that).

- Don't spend half the night checking out other girls.

I think if you're okay with going to a nighclub in the first place for a date, you're probably a fun guy and don't have much to worry about. You'll do fine, I would think that it's a challenge to NOT have a good time.