Goodbye dear friend.

I don't know guys. I just feel so emotional right now I could cry.

I have....had a friend who I haven't even known that long. Maybe a month and a half to two months. There was something about him that made me really care about him as a person, even just for the short amount of time that we've been hanging out. The problem is, he's gone through so much in his life that all the ugly things in life had made him depressed, attempted suicide, and all the other things that I can't even begin to say. He once told me that he stopped hanging out with a lot of friends that he used to hang out with, deleted many people from his contacts. For some reason I didn't foresee that I'd be the next person. Through my time talking to him, I feel like I really wanted to help him...any way possible. We hung out, we talked a lot. We shared some of the stuff we were going through. We had our fun and laughter. And I was hoping that at least it would ease some of his pain and suffering. But I don't know if it helped any or even make a difference in the slightest.

But I still care. More than I think I did. Because tonight after he left, he messaged me "[4:01:38 AM] About to do something I do all the time, and I feel now is the appropriate time. I can't sustain friendship so here it is.

Well I'm a depressing person, I think you should stay clear of me and enjoy life/move forward. I don't want to be thought about. Enjoy life and best of wishes."

I've had people come and go in my life but this particular goodbye really hurts me. I just feel like I couldn't do anything. I feel like I'm grieving over a dead friend. It does hurt that I won't get to know what's up, what's going on in his life, that I'm just another person on his list that he crossed out -- someone who didn't make a difference, someone who was nothing. I feel like I have a thousand things to say to him, but he's never going to get to hear them. I'm not sure what I can do...I just feel like there's nothing I can do now or ever and that he is probably hurting too right now.

REALLY easy to be your friend I guess.

If you are a woman, this guy just wants you....not your friendship.

Also, you have a white knight syndrome, I do to, it's dangerous and you need to be careful.

If someone can't help or change themselves, they can't be helped/changed. Most people simply don't change.

Learn to recognize and accept people for who they are today, not for who they can be. It's a result/outcome of who they are. Pay close attention.

Often, people like you and me have their own issues and rather than help ourselves, we help others and never address our own.....

If you are a lady, you will never find a good man with a "male friend" so you are also limiting yourself with such friendships.

"If a person doesn't make you happy, isn't a positive influence in your life, doesn't work hard to improve their life or your life, they are simply not worth having around".

This is not a friend (even if you were a male).

Good luck

Archived