I've been debating about this a bit in my mind sometime, but I'm still a 23 year old dude that's a virgin and I've been looking about losing my virginity before class starts again. I am a grad student.

I am straight, I have liked girls but I never had the situation where I've had sex. I have liked girls like I've said, and there were girls I would've hooked up with if there were single. I mean the closest I have had sex was when my friend, his FWB girl, and another friend had been in bed(were clothed btw) and it was some brief foreplay. I'm not gay or bi sexual, and I didnt't touch my friend, I was sort of just doing brief foreplay with his FWB girl. The other time was during spring break(March 2015), my friend and I were smoking and drinking a bit and I had ran by an idea of myself, his FWB girl, and him would partake in a 3 some. My friend doesn't care if he had one, but he had to run it by with her. She rejected it, and we didn't have the 3 way and that was the end of that.

Though, I've been unsure about having a FWB or a ltr(a girlfriend) or whatever. If I do have a FWB/hook up, my standards would be a girl at my college, she is 18-22 or so. A ltr girlfriend, she would be between 21-25 at least. I had been debating about FWB or LTR for a long time, but I've seen at my college, it's a bit on the casual a bit, maybe a ltr.

I'm not sure if a FWB with a 18-21 is a good idea. I will state, that my FWB standards are at least a 18-21 girl, and she isn't promiscuous. My best bet in having a hook up is at college parties, of course. The last two parties I went out with my boys in the Spring, and I didn't find a chick that fit my type. Really wasn't too many girls that fit my standards, or they were not single. I have been debating about using Craigslist for FWB, or using some app called "Yik Yak" that my friends use for parties and maybe the occasional fling. I realize that finding women near my age in grad school, is like finding a neddle in a haystack because most women are way older than me and not single.

So I had to shift from the grad school element, and shift my standards down a few years in looking for women.

Is this normal for me to consider the thought of wanting to hook up with 18-21 year old girls as a FWB? Just wondering.

FWB...is friends, with benefits. Which mean she is a friend first.

I think what you are looking for is someone who wants casual sex, but doesn't want a relationship. And since you are a virgin with limited dating experience, I am not sure if on line hookup sights are the right place to go. You will likely find women who have a lot more experience than you with this sort of thing and are not really looking for a man with no experience.

I am also unsure if setting a time limit ( before classes resume) is a somewhat artificial artifice with regard to losing your virginity.

For somebody who has yet to experience sex this is not something that you should worry about, especially since even most non-virgins do not worry/care about things like this. They either have their own philosphy on what they want from women or they just go with the flow.

To be honest, I feel like you are taking too many steps ahead inside your head (meaning focusing on problems related to things that are currently not happening to you = sex/relationship) maybe to feel better about yourself, but believe me, after you have sex with a girl, things will turn out somehow. You wont necessarily have full control over all things since in all relationships other people are involved too, with their own feelings, decisions and perspectives.

Archived