Did i screw things up..

Alright, first off the girl im talking about ive known for a few months and i really like her and she really likes me. I asked her out to the military ball and she said yes we went last night and had a blast, now her mom gave us (me, her, a few friends) a ride home, she dropped me off at my house first, and the girl got out of the car to let me get out, and she gave me a hug and i said cya monday.

Now everyone was asking me if i kissed her or not, should i have kissed her either during one of the dances or when i was dropped off? did i miss a good chance? Or are kisses on first dates uncommon.

You had a good time - without the kiss. There's plenty of time for that in the future, no need to rush in on the first date. You did exactly what I would have done - concentrated on having fun and getting to know the person rather than nailing a kiss.

As for those people interrigating you...tell them to bug off. It's really non of their business. They're curious, sure, but whatever's going on is between you and the girl.

Since you had such a good time, ask for a follow-up date! I'm sure it will be fun as well. Kiss her when the moment arises - not when you meet some time frame.

It may not have been such a hot idea to kiss her infront of her mom, anyway. Maybe that's why she hugged you.

I think you should kiss her when you feel it's right. If you kiss her out of the blue it can be unexpected and it probably wont feel as nice as it would when the time is right.

I'm glad you had a good time with her though

As for your friends they are wanted the gossip, it gives them something to talk about. What goes on with you and the girl is your business not theirs. But share your happiness when the time comes

Miya

Kiss her when the time is right. You'll know when that is. Don't feel like you need to rush anything. Wait for the right moment so that the kiss can be magical and memorable. And your friends are being typical noisy friends butting into your business. This has nothing to do with them and what they say doesn't matter. Focus on you and her. If you want to tell them when the time comes, and she is ok with it, then tell them. But think about you and her first.

• 5 months later...