First phone call since the break up

I had to send my ex something in the mail, to her p.o. box, so last night, I just decided to call her to let her know that the package would probably show up today, Friday. It's been over 4 months since we broke up and I haven't talked to her over the phone since then...so this was the first phone call. For some reason, last night I was feeling pretty gutsy, because normally I wouldn't have even contemplated calling her.

Anyway, I called, and I didn't want there to be an awkward moment as I said "Hey, it's Brittany" so once she answered the phone, I just kind of went right into what I had to say without saying my name or anything like that. So I got like 8 words out before she was like "Brittany?" and I got kind of nervous, so I replied, "Yeah" and quickly went back into what I was saying about the mail and her package.

The convo went alright...I think it lasted all of 10 minutes. There were a few strange moments...like she had meant to send me postage so I wouldn't have to pay to send her the package, but I just took care of it and payed for it myself. So she kept on insisting that she'd pay me back...and then she found out that I had the package insured, just in case it got lost, and she became really adamant about paying me back and we went back and forth about 5 times, each of us saying "No it's okay, I'll pay for it" etc. Finally I just changed the subject...

Our conversation ended when she said her mom came over and she had to leave. I did hear her mom in the background, so I assume she wasn't making up an excuse to get off the phone. Besides, earlier in the convo, she had an incoming call and decided to ignore it.

But the weirdest part was when she had to leave. She said something like "Oh, I have to go now..." and I replied, "Oh, Okay..." and we both paused for a minute. I don't know why she paused, but I paused because I didn't know what to say next (like a I'll talk to you later, or what). So then she just wished me a good night's sleep and a good day at school for tomorrow (well today, actually). And then the convo ended...I think it went well all in all. But I'm inexperienced in all of this, which is why I posted it for all of you Since you know I over analyze things, tell me your unbiased opinions and what my next step should be.

Yeah, I'd want her back if that turns out to be a possibility, but I don't want to get ahead of myself and hope for something that might not happen. We went out for a little over a year, and broke up in September. It was a sudden break up because something stupid I had done came to light...

Anyway, I'm trying not to analyze that phone conversation because I'm prone to overanalyzing things, and that leads me to be a little dramatic lol. So I'm leaving it up to you all...what did you think?