A problem with what I say

I have a problem with what I say

Sometimes I feel that I talk way too much and say stuipid things I think I shouldn't worry about what others think so much.

I don't know why I do?

I just need to control my impulses a little more?

I say whatever is on my mind sometimes and it leaves people guessing or I say things just to answer.

I guess I am just wondering a lot about why people speak in certain ways

some people are quiet and only speak when necessary

others are in the middle and some speak way too much

I think that I speak all over the place I don't have a set way

but most think that I am normal I guess.

I have struggled with that my whole life. I think it's a good thing that you feel free to speak what's on your mind. A lot of people just don't understand it. If it really bothers you, make a conscious effort to stop before you open your mouth to speak. Think about what you're going to say, and ask yourself if you really want to say it. It sounds dumb, and it's hard to remember to do it at first, but it has helped me a lot.

Hi Kncntrl22, I'm one of the quiet people who speaks only when necessary. I just grew up in a quiet family, plus I'm the youngest kid, so it still carries through. Sometimes when I talk a lot, I actually get tired of hearing myself!

As a quiet person, though, I'd like to suggest that you just make sure you are letting other people talk too. It can be unfair (not to mention annoying) when one person sort of monopolizes the conversation.