I gotta say I'm becoming a bit cynical as to whether or not I'll find love anytime soon and am wondering if anyone out there has a little something special going on that they might be kind enough to share with me. I could sure use a little tale of somebody else in this world finding some romance or love with someone they find to be very special to them, since I'm personally having zero luck in the ol' love category. That's not to say that I haven't been dating, but I can't seem to find anyone who gets the butterflies in my stomach fluttering. I miss having love in my life and would really, really like to have that feeling again. It's been 4 months since my break up with the former love of my life (& let me tell ya, when it was good, it was really good) and it's been so difficult to again find that spark with someone else. The last 4 people I've dated over the past couple of months, including the one I'm currently dating, have been pretty fun to party/go out with, but that's about it. I want much more than just a physical relationship, even though it does seem to get me by at least for a short time.

It is just so friggin' hard bouncing back from a really deep, intimate, and loving involvement. I know I'll find the gal I'm looking for someday, but I'm losing hope as to whether or not it's even worth it anymore, especially since the sting of a failed relationship still lingers surprisingly strong. Perhaps one of you can restore my faith in love and help me to see that it is worth the wait, worth the time and energy it takes to search, and worth the emotions that are shed in the process. I'm afraid I will soon begin to resent all women (that's already happening) and become a complete a$$hole to them from here on out, much to my detriment.

Thanks in advance for anything you can share!

jdratx

• 2 weeks later...