Crush on a former authority figure - how to deal with it

julietteromeo

I have an enormous crush on a former teacher. He was my teacher over a year ago. I have since graduated from the school - but am in the same field as him. These days I am single and thinking of him a lot - perhaps using fantasy to cope with the stresses of my new job. I think he likes me too. Should I add him on linkedin and send a message to see if he replies? I really think the only way I will drop this is if he tells me he is not interested. Honestly I like him so much I would be somewhat ok with hooking up with him for fun.

I would highly discourage you from doing that. I'm not even sure how you have a crush on your former teacher. What do you even know about him? Do you know if he's currently available?

I think the only way you can drop this is by approaching guys who are available for you. Even your last sentence "somewhat okay with hooking up with him for fun" shows a sense of desperation and putting someone you barely know on a pedestal. It sounds like an unhealthy crush. Take some time and get to know other guys and go from there.

I think he's single. I know he's not married. To be honest we flirted a bit while I was a student, but it never went beyond that. Several times I made eye contact with him in school and he flinched. So I would have a sense of satisfaction from bagging him. I guess I was thinking if he just clearly says "No, I am not interested please don't contact me." I would drop it.

This doesn't sound like it's worth it. You don't even really like him. It just sounds like you just want to hook up and have sex. I think you should figure out if he's actually single before going in there, and potentially creating problems based on a little bit of flirting and eye contact.

You can message him if you want... but it seems like a whole lot of effort for someone you barely know and just want to hook up with.

I have a really strong reaction to him because of things that happened in my past. Honestly there is a pic of him on my school's website and when I looked at it and thought of having sex with him it made me want to cry. Dysfunctional. Too bad I don't have insurance at my new job yet so I can't get counseling -- clearly I need it.

You are known by your words and need to post about this important issue that you want us all to help you with!!

Hoot!

There is no need to name call - you said I was crazy. If you do not find this to be an important issue please do not reply. I do not think his flinching shows he thinks I am crazy. I am actually very sad about this.

Archived