Did i blow it as a shy guy??

doofus93

So I was on this 7 day tour and there's this cute girl on the tour.over the tour we've kinda like exchanged glances many times,sometimes the sneaky kind. She is a few years younger than me,like 16-ish. On the second last day i decided to talk to her although I was super shy. I found out her name and it was just a short conversation cause she kept wanting to look for her sister. On the last day I asked if she had Facebook but she said no as she doesn't use it often. We followed on instagram but I know nuts about it. How can I talk to her through instagram? And also I'm not sure if I blew it as our conversation was super awkward,like I was heading too fast but it was the last day of the tour and I probably won't see her again. This is such a bummer,plus I don't know if she's into me or not..

Thanks for taking the time to read this any thoughts will be nice!

She was probably at least interested in you. Exchanging glances with someone could be considered a form of flirting, or an invitation to initiate conversation. Also, I wouldn't say that you blew it. You would have blown it if you wanted to talk to her, but didn't have the guts to do so. Your conversation may have seemed awkward to you, but at least you have a way to continue contacting her. Awkward first conversations are common and can be easily forgiven if better, future conversations come along.

I personally don't use Instagram, but I've heard that it has a private messaging function, called "Instagram Direct". Basically, you can choose a specific person, or a specific group of people, to send a picture or video to, along with a caption for each. I'm not sure if you can communicate with people Instant Messaging style though, and I could see how it may be inconvenient if you can't.

You mentioned that she was a few years younger than you, about 16. I'm guessing you're around 18-20 then? It's not a very bad age gap or anything, but just make sure that it's legal for you to date her in whatever country/state you live in (if you're still thinking about pursuing her).

Archived