Another Job Lined Up

Monday I was working at my call center job and in training all day so I took no calls. Upon ending training they were dropping shifts. This just means to many people were scheduled so they had to reduce hours. I dropped Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday and Friday were my regular days off. I really hate working in a call center, its the most stressful job and meaningless job I have ever done. This is my 2nd time working at one. I lasted 3 years at the old one and quit because I couldn't handle the stress anymore.

Last year I had a doctor note which let me leave for a while from stress and such from the job. I have been trying to find another job since then. Well since Monday I have been doing telephone mystery shopping and I am making more then what I make per hour at the call center. I never gave it a fill day yet. One day I worked 4 1/2 hours though and made $65.80. That doesn't seem to bad considering min wage is 10.40 per hour or something now where I am.

I have done a lot of research on the company and most workers had good things to say. The job itself is me calling mostly car dealerships and getting prices that go into a form. Its advertised as mystery shopping though it feels more like research.

The 1st Friday of September will be my payday with them. It is Idepantent contractor work but the work is steady at current so even if there was slow dips I would be saving more so it would work I think.

I want to leave the call center and make this other job full time. The woman that did my review after my first 5 calls told me there was a star program. Like where I am new I have 1 star. She says people average $75-$100 a day working there. Depending on your speed and how long you work. She said 5 star shoppers make $1,000 a month or a tad less. This is all exciting. I have been trying to work for myself for a long time.

A part of me is nervous leaving the call center but I am not sure why since I hate it there and such. I am to that point of just quitting the call center but stay because I have bills. I am waiting until my first pay with this company if I can last that long then quitting.

I've been considering Mystery Shopping, but more as a fun way to interact with people and supplement income.

It seemed fun, but not long term.

I haven't done the research you have, though...

Why don't you cut your hours to part time at the call centre and go from there?

Play it safe,

Also, watch the movie Nesting.

The main character is a Mystery Shopper and it's a cute little romance movie.

I've been considering Mystery Shopping, but more as a fun way to interact with people and supplement income.

It seemed fun, but not long term.

I haven't done the research you have, though...

Why don't you cut your hours to part time at the call centre and go from there?

Play it safe,

Also, watch the movie Nesting.

The main character is a Mystery Shopper and it's a cute little romance movie.

I actually am working part time at the call center, 5 hour days. I need out of there though. I am at that point where I am to stressed working there or cry a lot sometimes because the job itself is just to much. The job is easy its the people that makes me want to leave. Not just my slacker co workers but the favoritism, its a real pain. I've been wanting to work for myself for a long time. This telephone mystery shop job pays me $.70 - $2.00 a call and as I shop my stars go up I will be able to make more. They have a weird shopper star system. I am trying to work it out and such but I know I can't do both. Call center work is not for me and working around 50+ people a day even more so now for me.

Maybe you should wait until you get to two or three stars with mystery shopping to leave the call centre, unless you think you won't be able to when working two jobs.

Good point. I fear I won't be able to put my all into the other job while at the call center. I also do not want to burn myself out. I had no motivation for 2 months because of that. I was working at the call center and doing odd jobs online. Working 8-12 hours a day, even on some days off. I guess I was thinking of my health as well, since mental wise that call center really is to much.

Archived