Give it a chance or start looking for another Job?

oitnb

Long story short : fast food sucks. Customers treat you like dirt. You work with morons.

I have a bad work history. I'm 20, lots of quits without notice.

I've been working here three weeks. I hate it with a burning passion, lol.

The thing is, I'm smart. I could probably get a managing position quickly. But I just hate it.

Should I stick it out, or start looking for another job?

I'm not leaving until I have another job lined up, at least.

I would try to stick it out for at least a year. It shows that you can stay even when times are tough and that consistency is something that employers will want to see, especially the older you get.

In regards to a manager position, I used to manage a movie theater and being a manager means you are not only cashier, janitor, IT person, etc. but are responsible when anyone screws up (and they will, since this is fast food). You don't have the luxury of passing problems off to your boss, YOU are the boss. It takes more than being smart to be a manager, it takes a lot of dedication, dependability, and hard work.

Finally, the more you keep quitting, the more you will keep ending up in jobs like fast food or retail, since any company that is worth it will look at how many short job stints you have on your resume and toss it.

This is true. I know I should probably just stick it out, for the experience and to look good on a resume....

People are just so plain rude to fast food workers.

That is true, and it applies to any job where you deal with the public. I currently work in a library and we deal with a ton of **** from people.

Unfortunately, you kind of have to block out all of the people that treat you badly and focus on the ones that are nice. In my experience, for every bad customer there are at least two pleasant ones.

Have you tried to get a job where you don't deal with people as much, maybe as one of those sign spinners that some stores have?

I'd look for another job but not quit without notice again. I don't think staying for a year is that necessary when it's fast food. Btw, most people I know who have worked as fast food managers have ended up hating it, unless they were the general manager and got to spend a lot of time in the office as opposed to the front lines.

Archived