Giving space

Ran08

I came out of an 8 year relationship about 6 months ago but i feel it was over probably about a year before that!

Anyway during this time ive kind of built a really strong friendship which has since spilt into something more we get on great she has a wee boy who is also lovely (2 years old) so at a very important time of his life with learning and things and he is maybe a little attached to me in the last 3 months of seeing him i might add we dont live together but maybe see each other at weekends and couple of nights through the week!

She works really hard in her job and does her upmost to give her boy the life he needs!

To cut a long story short i visited tonight and she was a little stressed she is working away tomorrow and wednesday thursday, she was a little off with me so i just done the gentlemanly things and asked if she was ok and only stayed an hour and left!

I received a text saying she saying sorry for being off she just needs a little space with such a busy week a head and she was sorry for not showing any affection but that it was because she feels its important her wee boy doesnt get confused about us as he is very intuitive! Any way she went on to say she will let me know how work went when she is back!

I just responded again that i understood and respect her life and her wee boys and that if she needs anything at all just to ask to which she thanked me!

I completely understand thats she is busy and that she needs to look out for her little boy and be there for him i have no problem with any of that but should i look at this as in she is just letting me down lightly or should i just be completely respectful of her space and she will appreciate me for it!

Basically is there anything i can do??

Its hard to say how we have gotten to where we are relationship wise because it was a blossomed friendship which kind of makes it nicer in many ways

Thats a fair point, id love nothing more than to be there long term but i do get she has to have his best interests at heart, just seemed quite sudden but i do also know he says my name all the time so maybe she just sees him getting too attatched and moving at a faster pace than our own relationship, i will just give her some time and hopefully she will come round!

Thanks

Archived