im a junior in hs and there is this girl that i just feel totally different about. it was in chemistry when i had to pick lab partners, and of course i was too nervous to ask her so i asked my dumba** friend. anyway, halfway into the lab she asks me a question. since then i have just began to talk to her. asking her what she will do after hs, etc. the thing about her is that she actually seems to pay a little attention to me. she maintains eye contact and smiles. every now and then we briefly make eye contact and then quickly look away. all memorial weekend at my cabin i couldnt even stop thinking about her. i dont really know any of her friends because i think she was new this year. i know that she did have a bf but doesnt anymore. i dont know if she likes me beyond a friend or if she has a bf. i am sorta big, like 6 foot 4,and not pop., and she is very pretty and fairly thin, but not really pop., so i dont have much confidence. can someone help me? my friend suggested asking her to a double date with him and his gf but i just dont know how to approach the situation realisticly. i need to know if she likes me as a bf, not just a friend in chem class.

also, whenever i see some other girl i never think she is hot anymore, i can only think of the one in my chem class

thanks

Sean

Hell you sound just like me. Unfortunately I'm in worse condition than you are in. But I have to tell you I know what you should do - or at least if I was you.

I'm sure everyone was in your position once in their life. I used to find a girl I was interested in and suddenly think about nothing but her when I see another girl. Problem is I too never knew if it was friendly or "friendly" behavior.

My failsafe idea is this: Find clues!!! An example might be how her tone of voice is when she talks to you, or if she drops hints of her wanting to spend more time with you, or even if she looks at you from accross the room. They are all relative signs she may be taking interest in you.

So if I was you, you can either:

a. Take up on your friend's suggestion of a double date.

-or-

b. Wait it out and see if she's dropping hints to as she's interested in you or not.

so, today at chem class i just begin to talk about how her mem weekend was and all the stuff, and i think we really connected, but i dont know if we connected as friends or beyond that. she still remains eye contact most of the time, but lately she seems to be a little more "jumpy" or nervous, constantly changing body positions while standing, but no hair twirling. some good signs are that she told me to get a job at a car place where she works because i like cars, and she asked me if i had ever been to joes crab shak to eat, but i was too nervous to go beyond that. she has also really begun to open up to me like tell me that her parents are divorced and where she wants to live and what she wants to do. but it wasnt like she said, "i want to be a veternatian", it was more like, "when i finish college and get a husband and a kid, i will have my own vet clinic and also run a daycare at my house". also, during class, the teacher needed more magnets for this lab and she was chosen to go and she also asked me...

this may seem like she is really coming on, but i just dont know... i dont have much confidence because the last time i had a gf was in 8th grade. should i ask if she wants to go on a double date with me and a couple of frends or do i remain to play it cool until she f***in slaps me in the face? just kiddin... i dont know how to play the situation. what if she has in her mind that we are just good friends and nothing beyond that???

help me out here!!!! the school year is running out~!!!

thanx,

sean

I think she likes you but what I think you should do is to invite you to dinner or something (don't call it a date) then she can deside if it is a date or a friendly get-together. Generally if she dresses up and seems to really care what she looks like and if she is nervous she thinks of it more as a date then just to friends going out. I don't know the exact situation or the girl but I think this may work. Pay attention to how nevous she is and if she is acting different in any way then she normally does, girls don't always do this but most of the time the will. Hope this works let me know how it goes over.