Bed Buddies...?

Does anyone have some opinions on F*** Buddies? Ya know, someone you date the first few times, but the rest of the "relationship" is all about screwing your brains out?

If so, how did it end? Was it worth it? Did it prevent you from starting a real relationship with someone else? Did you feel guilty about just having someone around for sex?

in general terms, sex for men is physical and visual...for women, although it starts as a carnal attraction...feelings and emotions will play into it for her far before they will for a man & 9 times out of 10 a girl ends up feeling used when she wants things to progress farther. (and never say that will never happen)

Genreally a woman would prefer to stay in a "relationship" with someone they are already intimate with so yes, it hinders getting to know other men. You look for someone when you feel you have a need that is unfulfilled...having a "bed buddy" fills a huge need that normally would drive you to dating...

tried it with a former boyfriend who finished it with me. He said he used me and so we continued having sex after the relationship was over. I couldn't get over him and it messed my head up. I know people that do, but I also know people who end up falling in love and getting hurt. It depends on the person but I personally think that sex should be for someone you really love.

I was seeing a Greek girl during early summer for 2 months or so in a sex only relationship. I was still missing my ex and hoping to get back with her, and the Greek girl was leaving the country for good in 2 months. So we decided that there was no point of trying for a proper relationship. I don't think either of us were looking for anything serious anyway, we were just looking for fun.

We had a good time together, and we still chat on msn occasionally since she left. It was a good experience.

Call me crazy, but I'm a guy who isn't interested in sex. At least not until I'm married. Sex isn't just physical, its emotional and spiritual. It shouldn't be a carnal instinct that we do with someone because we "have needs." It should be saved for someone truly special, someone who we share a special bond with. It's the most intimate act you can share with someone, a blending of not just two bodies, but of two souls. At least, that's how I feel it should be.

I'd be careful. Besides the obvious danger of STD's there is the danger of getting emotionally hurt. When you share youself in that way with some, and do so repeatedly, it would be natural for feelings to develop. If those feelings aren't returned then it could leave you devastated.

wow. BOY, DO I HAVE ADVICE FOR YOU! i was in the EXACT situation. i was seeing this guy who actually was the brother of my ex-best friend (so we had to keep it quiet). i have posted several topics on this board asking for advice on how to handle this situation. the bed-buddies thing was cool at first and a lot of fun and excitement but then it all started to go downhill. i wasnt developing feelings or anything but instead, HE was the one growing colder and colder.

overall, he began to act like a jerk and his maturity was WAY low. on top of that i was starting to feel an attachment to him. not a romantic attachment, but a youre-the-ONLY-one-i-want-to-have-sex-with attachment. before i knew it, i was "sexually sprung" on him. i had even tried to end it once and while im talking to him trying to be serious, he was kissing on my neck and we ended up having sex again! which made me even more mad with myself.

since then, i have met a wonderful guy who treats me good and cares about me and i feel very fortunate to have him. so, im not telling you what to do and bed-buddy arrangements can have their high points, but keep in mind what does/does not exist between you two...