Looking away when talking to girls - what does it mean?

johnbun

Hiya,

It can mean a few things..all depend on the girl and the situation..

1) It could mean the girl is shy, it's often hard to maintain eye contact when ur shy and also when u first meet someone. She could be shy cos that's her general disposition, or because she likes you?

2) It's a sign of flirting, to look and then look away.

It probably meands she likes you..but it could mean she's shy..or she's both shy and likes you, depends on the girl?!

I really just think that it means she's shy, or not totally comfortable talking to you. Even myself, at 24, when I talk to one of my boyfriend's friends I will still usually look away out of courtesy. Nobody wants to be stared in the eye for too long at a time (creepy), it is the polite thing to do (looking away).

It depends on how long she's looking at you before looking away and how long it takes for her to look back again.

I'm a very flirty, outgoing person, but I have the hardest time keeping eye contact with guys I like. Guys' I don't have feelings for I'm fine...but I can barely look at them if I'm attracted to them. Well...initially anyway. It is to do with shyness...unless they look back at you with that seductive look. I guess you'd catch onto that one though.

Betty!

Ignore the above comments-because there wrong.

This act from women usualy means that there happy talking and conversing with you,but looking away from you indicates that there looking for a "Better" -more attractive piece of fish in the sea.

The reason why i can suggest this is because i know it's true,and truth can only be promoted through fact!-It's happened to me.

Well, i wouldn't be so sure... It depends on a lot of things to see if the gal is interested in you. How's the conversation? Do you have any rapport? Did she laugh at your jokes? If she's not looking at you, is she looking at someone else, or just look down... If she's looking at someone else everytime a guy walks by, maybe it's not good. But otherwise, she's probably just shy. I had the exact same situation. Hope it helped.

I agree with what OceanEyes said, its probably that she is just being polite - it can be quite off-putting if you are talking to someone and all they are doing is staring at you! I wouldn't really read it as a sign that she is into you, although if you would like to know more about signs of a girl being interested then just do a search in Google, there is bound to be loads of stuff!

I agree with S04.

If the girl is looking away every so often, she is probably looking for something better or an escape root. I don't buy that shy stuff.

I do the samething when I talk to a girl i'm not interested in, but only if there are others to talk to. If there is no other, then I will stay and BS.

Maybe some of us picture your scenario wrong, but that is what I get out of it.

DBL

Its called a natural reaction that happens when you speak to someone -- you wont notice it if you're concentrating because then you *will* stare, but I know that even when talking to my friends, or parents, or crush, or random people or whoever, you *will* glance away while talking. The speaker usually glances away more than the person listening.

Because, lets face it. If you were talking to someone and they stared at you straight in the eyes and never looked away, wouldn't you get a little bit freaked out??

Its called a natural reaction that happens when you speak to someone -- you wont notice it if you're concentrating because then you *will* stare, but I know that even when talking to my friends, or parents, or crush, or random people or whoever, you *will* glance away while talking. The speaker usually glances away more than the person listening.

Because, lets face it. If you were talking to someone and they stared at you straight in the eyes and never looked away, wouldn't you get a little bit freaked out??

I've actually read that that is a fact, I can't remember where though

It said that people only really look at a person for around 70% of the time they are talking. Or something like that

It really depends on the girl..I dagree and disagree with SO4..it can mean either, but talking as a VERY shy girl, I look away because I'm uncomfortable.. because I am shy around people who i don't know (even if I don't like them in that way) but I look away even more so when I like someone.

Hope that helps,

QM.

I've actually read that that is a fact, I can't remember where though

It said that people only really look at a person for around 70% of the time they are talking. Or something like that

I think I showed you that page actually XDD Or you showed me. Something like that. o0

This act from women usualy means that there happy talking and conversing with you,but looking away from you indicates that there looking for a "Better" -more attractive piece of fish in the sea.

If that was true, why would the girl have started talking to him in the first place?

If that was true, why would the girl have started talking to him in the first place?

Good point! XD

I would say shes obviously into you. She looked away because she is shy. It happens all the time. Its like the rest of them say no body likes to be looked at in the eye for a long time lol. Well maybe some people do. But most girls are usually shy when they meet somebody new. I wouldnt take anything by it. All is good...