I'm getting mixed signals from him :( what does it mean??

Jackie

Ill try to make a long story short... I dated a guy for almost 3 years, and he broke up with me becasue he said that I deserve someone who can treat me better and he treated me fine and I even told him that!

A year later I meet a guy Jon, we have a lot in common, I feel very comfortable around him and he asked me to dinner and a movie. It was a good time. He wanted a 'break' because I moved and we lived too far apart. Now I live in the same city as him and he asked me out again. Had a good time. BUT a week later he said "you're really nice but I don't know what I'm looking for". A couple months later he's asking me if I wanna hang out sometime, go to his house and watch a movie.

If I don't know what a guy wants and I really like him, I can get very shy I really like this guy that keeps asking me to "hang out" but I don't know what he wants. His friends told my friend that Jon hasn't had a gf before. And Jon told me awhile ago that the longest he's had one is 2 months. And he's 23!

I'm a really easy going girl, not whiny or high maintenance, nice, and just like to have fun. And I don't talk about getting serious or anything.

I don't want to just jump out and ask him to date me because I have a feeling that may ruin my chances or scare him off.

SO.. if anyone knows what I should do or say PLEASE PLEASE help me!! Or if you know why this guy is giving me mixed signals I'd love it if you could help me out!

Thanks A Bunch

Jackie

You seem like a sweet enough girl, he shouldnt play with your emotions like that. I'm gonna give advice that everyone gives, but I think you should really take it. Your situation is that he's made some "date" advances and he asks for your company, so he's not an admirer from afar. Since you two have this relationship, I think it would be appropriate for you to be upfront and just tell him how you feel. Tell him you can take it slow at first, but express your feelings.

Let me know how it goes!

I have been taking him up on his offers to hang out, and I don't mind at all. But it's been like this for the past year. It's almost like he likes me.. wants to go on a date, then takes a month to think. Then starts talking to me again.

About 8 months ago he kind of got defensive when I had asked if he looked at it as dating anymore. It's almost like he gets uptight then we didn't talk for a couple months; And that's why Im scared to tell him how I feel again or what I want. I dont' want him to think that Im that kind of girl because I'm not.

He can also be a shy guy or seem kind of nervous (when he's not drunk). So I just don't think he'd say what he really wants if I put pressure on him to tell me.

very confusing hey!?

Yeah, that is a toughy. But if you're upfront with him then there's no guessing how he feels. If you let him know you like him then the ball is in his court to meet you in the middle. Maybe he just doesnt have enough practice seeing as how he's 23 and only been in a 2 month relationship?!

But keep in mind whether or not you want to be in a relationship with someone who's probably not mature for a relationship. But hang in there! If he likes you he'll come around!