Go for it next time or not?

94Camaro

Warning, long read.

Ok, first let me describe myself, just to give the situation before I ask the question. I'm 17, taller than most people in my area, about 6 foot, I weight about 150 pounds, I consider myself average looking, not stunning, but not overwieght or ugly either. That's probably enough for this question.

So, today I had to get with my mom and little brother to go Christmas shopping Well, after an argument on where we would eat, we decide on Bob Evans. I don't know if Bob Evans is a national chain, but if you don't know what kind of restaurant it is, it's a sit-down restaurant, where you have a waitress (I can't remember ever having a waiter there), but it's not like a 5 star restaurant. The food's good. Anyway, when we walk in, I'm looking at the bar, where all the waitresses go to get the food for the table they are serving, and tell the cooks what to cook. So, I'm just scanning over the place, and I see this pretty good looking girl, she works here, but she is apparently above a regular waitress, because he didn't wait tables the whole time I was there she was behind the bar, not a perfect 10, but you could bring her to a party and be proud to have her by your side. So, as I'm walking behind the guy that takes you to your seat, I meet eyes with her, and we both just lock eyes until I go out of the field of view. So, we get our food, I finish early (wasn't too hungry), and get up to go wash my hands, and my infinately irriatating little brother "has" to go to the bathroom. I obviously didn't get up to go wash my hands, I mean come on, why would I go wash my hands early? Well, my little brother doesn't pick up on it, and ruins it. I was planning on just walking right up beside the bar, making an excuse up to go get something, and see if she would respond. Well, since that wasn't going to happen, I actually go to the bathroom, and my little brother is walking in front of me. So, as I'm scanning the restaurant again, she locks eyes with me a second time, but this time I don't go out of the field of view, and she looks away eventually. Then I go to the bathroom, wash my hands, and go sit back down at my table. After they finished eating, I go up to pay for the check, again expecting them to do what they usually do, and take their dear sweet time, but they both come right up behind me. So I give mom the check, and I lean against the counter as she waits in line. I glance at the girl again, again locking eyes, and start walking up to her. She takes a breath, like she is getting ready to speak, but I'm just going up to the counter to get a toothpick. *Note, here is where I'm needing the advice.* Then I go back to the counter with my family, and lock eyes with her for a few more seconds and walk out. I'm not sure who broke eye contact on this one, my brother started talking to me, so it was probably me.

Now, at the point I noted in the story, would you think she is interested in me?

Does eye contact like this usually signal interest?

she probably thought you were cute - but just eye contact doesn't really say much. To be interested in someone...you pretty much have to TALK to them.

Lots of people notice others who they think are attractive - doesn't mean they are ATTRACTED to them.

I'd take it as a compliment and leave it at that.

OH YOU'VE GOT TO GO BACK THERE. I MET ONE OF THE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS EVER BY LOCKING EYES WITH HER. THE THING IS THAT YOU ARE NOT SURE AND IT MAKES YOU NERVOUS , BUT HEY YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HER. IF IT TURNS OUT SHE WASN'T INTERESTED WELL THEN YOU LOSE NOTHING BUT WHAT IF SHE IS INTERESTED? I BROKE THE ICE BY TELLING HER SHE HAD PRETTY EYES. WE BECAME GOOD friendS AFTER THAT (BECAUSE SHE TURNED OUT TO BE A DRUG ADDICT) BUT I NEVER REGRETED GATHERING UP THE COURAGE TO GO UP TO HER.

I went Christmas shopping today, and stopped at Bob Evan's to see if she was there. When I went in, it was so packed that I just walked up into the seating to look to see if she was working. She wasn't there from what I could tell. I'm a little sad about that, but at least it saved me some money, because I didn't eat there since she was there.

she probably thought you were cute - but just eye contact doesn't really say much. To be interested in someone...you pretty much have to TALK to them.

Lots of people notice others who they think are attractive - doesn't mean they are ATTRACTED to them.

I'd take it as a compliment and leave it at that.

As a guy, I can be interested in a girl without talking to her. It may be a guy thing, or maybe I'm one of a few, but I can tell if I'm interested in a girl just by seeing her. Sure, there may be a chance she is a horrible person or whatever, but I'm interested enough to go on at least one date with her.