My God brothers are driving me crazy...smh..i need to get some peace.

Timahani

Hello Everyone just needed some advice...I live in some crazy apartments...the apartments are filled with drugs ...violence...robbery...its not just the adults ..but the teenagers who are also involved anyways....my neighbor has three sons...who are like my God brothers.....they are teenagers who struggle with addiction....and anger from their adoption....one is dealing with his past history of sexual abuse anyways...........one of them I had to talk to his mother because he was disrespecting me...slamming doors and talking back..during his visit with me......since the talk with his her..... he has refused to talk to me... its been a month.....and every since then my little brother who is his same age 17 and has been having alot of problems in the apartment.. the teenagers (even though it wasnt his fault)....I ignore my God brother...because my counselor said that he has to learn how to treat people and I shouldnt cave in....Before he didnt seem to get it but I think this time..things will really stick however he is really mad...

His brothers speak to me.....and give me hugs ...but they are constantly asking for things.....food (everyday)....rides....borrow things.........knocking on my door at 11:40 at night wanting shampoo...or different items.........

I dont want to be taken advantage of....I have started telling them NO!

What should the my Response be?

Am I being used?

Most importantly: How to I take control of the situation and restore peace in my apartments

***oh yeah I have tried talking to him one time...but he ignored me completely.

Set boundaries.

1. If my door is closed, or it is after 11pm....do not bother me.

2. If you borrow something, I expect it returned.

3. If you want me to give you food, or a ride --- I expect something in return. And let them wash your windows, or whatever favor you want.

It is about boundaries and respect ---- which you don't often see in those environments.

mhowe: what do I do about the silent treatment......and about the kiddo spreading rumors...in the apartment....I dont feel that I can control that.....but I need to know how to respond to that.......so that I dont make matters worse for my brother and I..

Archived