Has anyone gotten back together plz help forum!!

Has anyone on this forum either gotten back together with an ex or know someone who has gotten back together with an ex who you have not seen for years, been broken up with for years, and do not have contact anymore. Or has anyone considered contacting their ex?? Please tell me your story!?!

either good or bad, I just want to know, and how long were you guys apart from each other?

i had class with a girl who told me the story of her parents. they were high school sweethearts, broke up after graduation and went to different school far apart. 4 years later they bumped into eachother after not talking all that time and ended up getting back together, married, kids, etc.

you know my current situation

raiders still suck. go pats. we shouldnt loose another game this year.

They weren't exes but my friend's mom and dad have an interesting story. They went to high school together. The mom actually ended up marrying another guy, Kevin, (that also went to high school with them) and she transferred to Kevin's college (where my friend's father was also, UC Berkeley) and married Kevin. They got divorced after 8 years and then she ended up with friend's dad, Larry, and they've been married for over 25 years. The funny thing is that in her mother's year book, her father wrote "hey if you and kevin ever break up give me a call, Larry" or something like that. There is also a picture of them at their prom where her mother and father are back to back, both talking animatedly with their dates. I guess it's not what you were asking for exactly but I like the story.

I've heard a lot more stories of people being devastated by a lost love only to find someone else a few years later that was a better match. My parents are a prime example. My dad took off to Mexico with the AFSC (American Friends Service Committee) as alternate service (my dad's side of the family is Quaker). Anyway, he's just gotten his heart ripped out by this professor's brat from Michigan (they were engaged, she broke it off) and he was in the middle of getting his physics Ph.D but he couldn't really focus or concentrate. So about a year or so in Mexico, my mom shows up. She's Japanese but was born in Brazil and had lived there all her life, the daughter of an Episcopalian minister. They ended up falling in love and they're coming up on 38 years.

Most of the ex relationships I've heard of that got back together didn't last. Including my own. I dated a guy for about 4 years when I was in high school and at the beginning of college. He broke up with me when he started college (I was a year younger) and then he came back, said there weren't any other girls like me, missed my stories (usual BS that exes say when they want back in) and then we got back together. We dated another 5 months or so, broke up for 5 months, got back together and then dated another year or so. It's kind of hazy, in retrospect I could have been doing better things with my time.

My last relationship lasted a solid (no break ups) 3 and a half years and then ended this September, right as we were both starting graduate school together (same school different departments). Do I ever think about contacting him? Sure, I do. We had a wonderful relationship and I still love him. But I think it's better if I just leave it like that. No drawn out conversations where we feel hurt and frustrated, no begging or pleading. I think that Margaret Mitchell quote pretty much sums it up

"I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived."

Sorry, I kind of went off on a tangent, guess I've just been thinking lately and you gave me an excuse to express some of those thoughts. All of my friends that got back together with an ex have eventually ended. However, this could just be a function of my age.

I can only speak from experience. I had a b/f in HS for a year and a half that I really cared for and loved. We broke up when he started going to college (I'm a year younger) and stopped talking. Five months later we start talking and we end up back together. We just weren't feeling it anymore, couldn't get along so we broke up again for good. I was pissed and hurt, he found a new g/f. I ended up with a new b/f. We didn't talk at all for four years (had mutual friends from back home but always made it a point not to see each other), now eight years later we're friends again and talk about once a month. Strictly friends, nothing else so I guess it all turned out for the best.

I have another story though. My ex's parents story. They met when she was 14 and he was 21 I think. He played in her older brother's band and ended up moving into her house for a while. They started going out a few years later, he ended up moving back to his home state and breaking it off with her for maybe 9 months. She was brokenhearted, finally he called her and told her to move where he was, he loved her and wanted to marry her. She did and they married, had kids. They separated again 15 years later but reunited again 8 years later realizing they were each other's true loves. Sadly shortly thereafter he passed. I guess it's a story of losing and finding the one that completes you. I do believe that true love never dies, somehow it always finds a way of connecting again.